What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question regarding watermarks or lighter lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukanya

Hi,

I am new to Photoshop and would like to know how do we remove the background word confidential from the attached image. The text has to be typed and the text watermark is irritating.

Please guide me.

Thanks in advancewatermark_ copy_Test.jpg

Paul

Former Member
In all honesty i just enlarged you're provided image and i could read every word clearly, so removing the watermark would not be required in this instance surely.
Especially considering you will be retyping it all out in a new font etc.

Sukanya

This is just one file paul, i posted an image that is clear, i have several other files that totally beat me. So I was looking if there was an easy method to do. So once i type i dont need to zoom inand out of the image

Thanks once again for your prompt response

Paul

Former Member
Could you post up the worst one in your opinion please.

Paul

Former Member
This is your original enlarged 25%, clearly visible text to read from.
enlarged.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Sukanya and welcome.

Like Paul, I see no reason to remove the watermark if it's just going to be retyped. The entire text is legible. The effort required would be troublesome and should not even be considered for this scenario. As long as there is no color variation between the mark and the text, there's no method for easy isolation and selection of the watermark.

"....This is just one file paul, i posted an image that is clear, i have several other files that totally beat me...."

I can see your point of the watermark causing legibility problems, but as long as the other files are similar to this one and the text color is the same as the watermark, then you will have the same problem.

Sorry that ther is not an easy answer here. Maybe someone else will have a better idea. Good luck.

Steve

Retired Administrator
The easiest way is probably to re-type it.
Fact is, if there were a way to to remove the Watermark we can't tell you.
It's there to protect the document, it was put there by someone for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.