What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member intro and question

Apocolibri

Hello from Arizona!
I'm a new member of this forum and have been a Photoshop user since the late 90's.
Being a fine art printmaker who prints my own work for my Studio, I recently upgraded from Photoshop CS3 to Photoshop CC. I'm doing some Landscape photography with a Gigapan Epic 100 auto panning head and CC has a very good "merge" function that allows for better pano merges when combining a number of images. I use Aperture along with some Topaz plug-ins and also the Nik plug-in suite for image editing as well as Photoshop... but I print exclusively from photoshop.

I'm using an Epson 3880 printer and have never had any issues printing from Photoshop CS3, but since installing Photoshop CC I've been unable to print anything. I've also noticed that CC has no Page Setup dialogue under "File". All versions of Photoshop versions including CS3 had a Page Setup dialogue... so I'm assuming this might be handled under the "Print" dialogue box.

I'm using a MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core I7 with 16 GB RAM and am running the latest Mac OS 10.9.4. Software update is current and I have the latest Epson Drivers and Firmware updates installed.

The problem is that when I go to File and scroll down to Print (or press Command P on my Mac) I get the following warning:
“There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents.”

I've closed Photoshop CC and shut down the computer and then rebooted with the same results. I always get this warning and am unable to print. I still have Photoshop CS3 installed and when I run CS3 and try to print I can do so with no problems.

I've posted this problem on the Adobe forum and no one has been able to solve it. I'm advised to go into System Preferences, select Printers and Scanners and then select my 3880 as my printer. This has been done repeatedly and my 3880 is the Default Printer... so this issue is a mystery to me.

If anyone has ever seen or dealt with this problem, please advise as to how I might resolve it as I'd like to be able to print from CC so I can delete CS3.

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Steve

Retired Administrator
The options I think you're looking for should be in the "Print" dialogue box, I'm using CS6 and there's no "Page Setup" dialog under "File" either.
I'm PC user with a different version of PS and there's only one thing I can think of that you can try.

Try resetting your preferences file.
Start Photoshop and immediately hold down Command+Option+Shift.

Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Good luck

Apocolibri

Steve,
You've solved my problem. Thank you! I've tried to find a solution on several different Photoshop and Adobe forums and had no luck until your answer.
Thank you so much for your answer! I've really struggled with this... and thanks to you I can now get back to printing.

Lawrence

The options I think you're looking for should be in the "Print" dialogue box, I'm using CS6 and there's no "Page Setup" dialog under "File" either.
I'm PC user with a different version of PS and there's only one thing I can think of that you can try.

Good luck

KerryEmery

Thank you. I've been trying to fix this for two weeks. Nothing worked until this very simple fix enabled my printing again.
Thank You!

Good luck