What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member with a question

sparky55

Hello. New member from California. I'm a graphic designer for small company. I do my design work in IllustratorCC and any photo editing in PhotoshopCC. I design ads for web and in doing so, I use a photo for background and maybe a product or two, then bring the photo into illustrator for typography. I recently noticed jagged edges on products added to photoshop file. Products linked to photoshop are high res, as is the background image. Not sure about the jagged edges. Anyone have any insight? Is there a setting that is needed in photoshop when linking to an illustrator project? Frustrating to say the least.

Any feedback is welcome and appreciated. Thanks

hawkeye

Guru
In the document set up, what is the raster effects setting? 300 - 150 or 72

hawkeye

Guru
Assuming that the Photoshop settings haven't been changed and the images are of the same quality as before, I'm at a bit of a loss to explain it.

sparky55

Yes, images are the same quality as before. My marketing guy & other dev. guy are both savvy with photoshop. Thought there was something else going on with the way Illustrator handles photoshop files. If you can think of any settings I might need to set - please let me know. Thanks!

hawkeye

Guru
If this is a new issue then obviously something has changed. If I can think of anything else I'll let you know.