What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Starting Out

skyward7

Good Day everyone! This is my first post within the group and I just want to say thank you for allowing me to be a member. I have not used Photoshop in many years, but I want to get back. I will leave my introduction brief because I do not if this is the section I should post what brought me t this group. Basically I came here because my wife just finished writing a book and she asked me to design the cover. I am seeking help with a couple areas Tutorials) in Photoshop, also at present I no longer have Photoshop in my computer and without sound cheap I would like to install a free version of PS, if there is such a thing. (Win 8.1). Without getting carried away in this introduction (I know to late..l0l ) could someone lead me to the section for this help?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

skyward7

Thank you IamSam, I clicked the link for Photoshop C52 and this is what it says below. I'm thinking I am unable to use.

[h=2]Read before you download a CS2 product[/h]
Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers provided as a part of the download may only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

[h=3]CS2 system requirements[/h]

Mac OS X v.10.2.8–v.10.3.8. PowerPC® G4 or G5 processor
Microsoft® Windows® 2000/Windows XP. Intel® Pentium® III or 4 processor

skyward7

Gimp looks like a good alternative, but I need to merge 4 or 5 images will I be able to to this easily and cleanly like I would with Photoshop?