What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Brocton, NY (near snowy Buffalo)

Jenni Starcher

Hi guys,
New to the forum. I've been into photography for about 5 1/2 years now and am all self taught. I'm slowly and painfully learning more and more about Photoshop for Photography (forget about design work!) So I'm excited to have found this forum to help me along my journey.

And what is a post without a picture so here's an image I took of my niece.

13902_707705482610842_8683985384686052744_n.png

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Welcome and glad to have you aboard, Jenni.

We've got a lot of knowledgeable photographers here with a combined experience greater than that of the age of the camera.

OK.... that's stretching it a bit ...:cheesygrin: .... but I'm sure you'll find them willing and helpful with your queries.

Enjoy your time here......

..... I forgot to say that smoking may be bad to her health..... but your's is an excellent first post image.

I'm sure a lot here would love to see more of your photos.

Tom Mann

Guru
Hey Jeni, I know where Brocton is -- I have relatives in Canandaigua, often get up to Ithaca (was just there a few weeks ago), and occasionally get over to Buffalo for business. Welcome aboard.

I second everything dV8 said, but I do have a couple of questions: In the photo you posted, how did you light the subject? Also, it looks very film-like. Was it film, or were you intentionally simulating film starting from a digital image?

Cheers,

Tom M