What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Texas

DL_

Just want to say hello. I've been a Photoshop guy off and on since PS7. Currently using CS6 along with LR4. Mostly work creating automotive artwork from photos I've taken at car shows and private shoots. Looking forward to participating in the forum.

One question I have is in regards to aligning paths. I sometimes reach a point in my edits where I've already created an intricate path and then realize I need to rotate the image. Doing so throws the path out of alignment. I know there's a way to sync these together again, I just can't seem to remember it. Any help here would be most welcome. Thanks

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey DL and welcome to PSG. Glad to have you join us.

About your question, here's one way to do it.

Select the path and the corresponding layer. Hold Command/Control + click the new layer/vector mask Icon. This will create a vector mask as well as a new path in the Paths Panel.

If the vector mask is obscuring your view of the image, just disable it.

Make sure that only the layer is selected (not the mask or both). (Tip: Click a different layer and then click back to the layer with the vector mask).
Then use the transform function to rotate the image. Both the mask and the layer should move as well as the new path located in the Paths Panel.

Once moved/rotated, you should save the new path in the Paths Panel. Now, if you like, you can then delete the vector mask.

DL_

Hey DL and welcome to PSG. Glad to have you join us.

About your question, here's one way to do it.

Select the path and the corresponding layer. Hold Command/Control + click the new layer/vector mask Icon. This will create a vector mask as well as a new path in the Paths Panel.

If the vector mask is obscuring your view of the image, just disable it.

Make sure that only the layer is selected (not the mask or both). (Tip: Click a different layer and then click back to the layer with the vector mask).
Then use the transform function to rotate the image. Both the mask and the layer should move as well as the new path located in the Paths Panel.

Once moved/rotated, you should save the new path in the Paths Panel. Now, if you like, you can then delete the vector mask.

Thanks IamSam. I'll give it a try.