What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie here with a favor

Kraig MacWatters

Hi guys! I am new to photoshop and have been trying this for hours! I found a photo I really like and want to use the picture for my background but I don't want the shirt there. I only want Marilynn. Can someone help me or point me in the correct direction? Thank you so myuch in advance!

Attachments

• Seahawks_BLK__18268.png
    Seahawks_BLK__18268.png
    426.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Seahawks_Gray__72204.png
    Seahawks_Gray__72204.png
    488.8 KB · Views: 0

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Welcome to the forum.
This involves simply making a selection of Marylyn, preferably with the pen tool and then put her on a new layer by entering Ctrl/Cmd + J . Hide the shirt layer and flatten the image. You have her all by herself.
Or, maybe easier for you, take your Magic wand tool and click inside the shirt area to select it. Then to Select on the upper menu bar and choose invert. Then enter Ctrl/Cmd + J and isolate her on a new layer.

Kraig MacWatters

Welcome to the forum.
This involves simply making a selection of Marylyn, preferably with the pen tool and then put her on a new layer by entering Ctrl/Cmd + J . Hide the shirt layer and flatten the image. You have her all by herself.
Or, maybe easier for you, take your Magic wand tool and click inside the shirt area to select it. Then to Select on the upper menu bar and choose invert. Then enter Ctrl/Cmd + J and isolate her on a new layer.

Thank you for the reply! I am a total noob at this but I did select what I wanted and created a new layer, however if I hide the shirt all I see is the line that pen tool created with no image in it. Your thoughts?

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I'm going to bed..Merry Xmas!
marilyn.png