What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to insert a picture into another picture in photoshop

photo photo

Hello, I search in google about this problem and there are solutions about this problem but I am not successful. I open an image by new tab and also I open other image by other new tab in photoshop. now, I want to cropping and of course to insert the part of the first image in first tab into the second image in the second tab. but I do not know the solution.

thank you.

MrToM

Guru
I think this is what you want...although I'm not totally convinced...

With the first image active:
1. Create a marquee around the area you want place in the other image.
2. Use Ctrl + C to copy the pixels bound by that marquee.
3. Make the other image active.
4. Use Ctrl + V to paste the pixels on their own layer.

If you need the pixels to occupy the same position in the document then also hold down 'Shift' when you paste.

Regards.
MrTom.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Guess we'll never know! LOL!!

LOL..... now you see him, now you don't.... :cheesygrin:

@photo photo .... don't goooo.... come baaaaack!.....

You have 2 options .....

Are your documents grouped into a single window? Break the grouped (consolidated) document windows into separate windows (MENU>WINDOW>ARRANGE>FLOAT IN WINDOW). Or simply click/pull them apart by clicking the tab title bar of one and drag//release in the workspace. Position the documents in the workspace to make drag/drop an object easier.

OR

Without breaking the document windows apart, click the object or part of image you want to use in the first document. Don't let go and drag your mouse pointer to the tab title bar of the second document. Hover there for moment so the document view will switch to it. Once the document is in view, drag your mouse pointer back into the document and release mouse click.

Viola.... :cheesygrin: .... like magic.

Mr.IHatePhotography :banghead: