What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a question about creating new layer and putting the "Selected area" in the new layer

photo photo

hello, perhaps my question is simple and I tried for it but I do not know the solution.
I open an image and I select the balloon by " Lasso tools" and then I by right-click I choose the "select inverse",. Because I want to delete the sky by pressing the delete button and I am successful for do this. but then when I save the image with "PNG-24", I see the White rectangle again, in the " windows photo viewer". I think I should use new layer and I put the selected part in new layer.Of course I think and I do not know how to. also never I do not want to use "Layer Via cut" and or "Layer Via copy" Because "Focus Magic" displays the The part of the defunct !!!! now I want to know the solution, when I use "select inverse" and then for saving with png-24 and the disappearance of the rectangle, when I see the image with "windows photo viewer".

oollwoooe.png

thank you.

MrToM

Guru
Re: a question about creating new layer and putting the "Selected area" in the new la

...I see the White rectangle again, in the " windows photo viewer"...
Windows Photo Viewer does not support transparency.

Normally, photos straight from digital camera will never have transparency hence a 'photo' viewer has no need to support it.

Regards.
MrTom.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Re: a question about creating new layer and putting the "Selected area" in the new la

Mr Tom is correct.
However,I want to speak to you about your work flow for trying to accomplish this. First, you need to double click in the layer labeled Background. PS will now convert this to an editable, normal layer. You can re-name it if you like. Next, add a totally blank layer (click the icon that is to the right of the little folder icon at the bottom of the layers panel) and drag the renamed layer above it. Now, in the layer with the sky and balloon, use the Quick Selection tool (not the Lasso tool) to select the sky area if this is what you want to eliminate. Once selected, enter Delete. Now your image is transparent. Do not flatten, just save as a PNG. If you save the file, close it, and re-open it, you will see it only has one transparent layer.

To shorten this,once your background is transparent, you can File/Save for Web. Select Png24 and Transparency and PS will make a new file that you can name.

Last edited: