What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Gurus Newbie checking in

pomacanthus

Ive wanted to learn PS for a decade...finally took the plunge and Im spending a lot of time at lynda.com but still hit the wall often.

I landed here because Im an artist practicing mixed media, acrylic abstract, digital image manipulation, fiber and textiles.
I can "art up" almost anything, except digital has been giving me some fits.

Running CS5 (because its paid for) enjoying it a lot, once I get integrated here Ill post some of my newbie projects

Basically as an artist I love assembling images of all kinds and digital is one more avenue.

My strength is: I spend a decade as a 4C lithographic stripper back in the day doing what you all doing MANUALLY with
ruby lithe, and an average of 60 layers per job so my brain totally gets the layering concept. I think Im pretty decent with
the airbrush as well and have that working.

My weaknesses are: do you want a list? lol :cry:
Having some trouble getting my brain to reorganize into digital layers (from analog)

Im leaving on a camping trip in 1 hour but suffice to say SO GLAD I FOUND YOU FOLKS
I will have lots of questions but promise to read first, lots of reading to do

I had a minor successul image creation and I got me pumped to keep going (gave up once)
and during this creation I felt a little glow from the "light of understanding" lmao so here I am

Pomacanthus

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG. We're glad that you found us and invite you to join right in, participate and ask as many questions as you wish.