What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, i'm ban, moving to PS!

BAN

Hey, i'm ban, 19i've been using another program since a little bit, and i've had tons of fun making images for people from my gaming community.
They've been requesting my stuff alot but I don't think i'm good enough to make quality images, so I decided to start using photoshop :)

Heres what I made in the last 3 days

3a6474af291ffb80ed90c864960ea487.jpg

26ef26eacf891cf7202d939c9e9ea012.png
352fc1b765ffd7b254bba507c70aa73c.png

728dd8ce79fca6ed4d5a473ff8d294ce.png

ff43ae62c76084a681dba5f1e58891ab.png

So thats what I do :)

I am here looking for someone that could help me transition into using photoshop (that would help me apply the techniques I know but on photoshop)
If anyone has a little bit of time for me, just a couple of minutes that would help me so much !

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Ban and welcome to PSG.

What program were you using to make these?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I've been using "Xara photo & graphic designer 2013" Does vectors and ****

And your works look good. Welcome to the forum.

Xara's GD is OK.... I'll call it a gentler version of Corel Draw.

If I recall correctly how it works, you may need to learn new things or adapt your Xara know-how to Photoshop's workflow. Being a gentler version of Corel which I use, I have to do a bit of tweaking to adapt my Corel procedures if I were to do the same work in PS.

But it won't be that difficult as you may imagine. Start with the PS basics..... get to know the PS tools and how PS layers and masks work (it's kinda different in Xara).

Play around with Photoshop and don't be shy to ask questions - big or small, silly or complex.

Glad to have you aboard......