What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cock a doodle doo, hello to all of you!

VasperAyres

Hello everyone! I'm a new member of this site who's not so new to photoshop. I'm no expert, though I've been using it for about three years now. I've mostly done graphics and easy compositions and manipulations until now, but I've recently started getting more into the retouching world and just more seriously into photoshop overall. I've only been following professional tutorials for a couple of weeks now, but I can definitely say I've improved and would love to maybe turn this hobby of mine into something more one day. I think I should also mention that all of my work is done without a graphic tablet or even a mouse, I simply use the tiny tiny touchpad on my laptop. However, I do plan on getting a graphic tablet hopefully by the end of the year. Also, what I find most challenging is that I myself am not a photographer, I only use photos from websites such as unsplash where all of the images are published under the Creative Commons Zero license, which probably holds me back a little bit when in terms of getting an idea of what I want to do, but having no picture to work with. Oh, I guess it should be worth mentioning my name is Vasper and I'm from Europe.

I'll add an example of my work below. I got this picture from unsplah, if I'm not wrong. I absolutely love it as it is, but I did some basic retouching things like remove spots, blotchines, sooth some skin, play with the colors, fix make up, etc. Like I said, I'm pretty new to retouching so this is probably the third or fourth picture I've worked on, I just thought I'd show you what I've learned so far. Hopefully my skills will get better once i'm not tied to the little laptop touchpad.

1.jpg
2.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Vasper and welcome to PSG.

Working from a small laptop has it's limitations, but you can add a wireless mouse to your set-up that will help you out.

I realize that your showing your work here, but if you'd rather, it can be moved to the Before and After forum where you can receive comments and suggestions from our members. This is not really the place for that. Let us know.