What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just purchased ps - and need basic help! Please!

TechnicallyChallenged

I will close Br, one less window will help.

ps. do you know how I can make the golfer bigger?
(I just googled Golfer Swinging & images)

My text will say..... Still Swinging at 60. get it? LOL.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great!

Now select the Golfer layer (BILL.jpg) and then hit Cmd/Cntrl + T. This will open Free Transform. You will have a transform box with control handles located all the way around. Place your cursor on one of the corner handles. Hold down the shift and the alt/option keys, click and hold the mouse and drag the corner. When you have it where you want it, let go of the mouse click. Hit enter or the checkmark to accept the changes. If you mess up, hit Cmd/Cntrl + Z to undo.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well at least we will get the steps out of the way. You will not be happy with the watermarked golfer image. But you will at least know how to do it with another image!

You can also transform the Plaid in the same manner, which is what I would do to save avoid resolution issues.

TechnicallyChallenged

OMG! LOLOLOLOL. that was SOOOOO easy!

but I'm laughing because when I did that the golfer got all blurry AND there are little gray cameras all over it! (thats the watermark I am assuming!!!)

So now I guess its back to the drawing board -- until I can find where I got the image & purchase it hi-rez????lololol.JPG

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, you will probably want a higher resolution image without the watermarks.

TechnicallyChallenged

SamIam are you still there? I have it... I bought the image.... but now I need to go back to Br i think....and I had added my own green border to it -- but I don't remember how --- please give me another second to do that.

TechnicallyChallenged

IamSam~

Are you there? I was wondering if you knew who to make sure my overall (merged) image size was 5x7?
I am trying to manipulate it in 'Image Size' but it seems to square the measurements - if I do width 5 - it makes height 5 - or vice versa.

gedstar

Guru
IamSam~

Are you there? I was wondering if you knew who to make sure my overall (merged) image size was 5x7?
I am trying to manipulate it in 'Image Size' but it seems to square the measurements - if I do width 5 - it makes height 5 - or vice versa.

Uncheck Constrain Proportions

Untitled.jpg

TechnicallyChallenged

okay sorry... I WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK TO THAT,,,,but I tried something else after watching some short videos...

it seems I CAN ADD A BORDER when I click on the form of image on the top left.... I even added two borders to show you - but really I only want the one slim green border.
aaq1.JPG

buuut when I try to add the border to the golfer image when it is APART OF my two images - with the plaid - the screen is black and I cannot select an extension colour. grrrr. CAN YOU HELP?
aaa11.JPG

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, I'm back..........had to eat some lunch.

Your trying to change the image size when you need to be changing the canvas size. Don't worry about the image size right now.

Make your canvas size 5 x 7.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK. Great! Seems like you veered from your original plan. I will sit the rest of this one out.

TechnicallyChallenged

No...No...don't leave me please....
I am making headway, but of course NOTHING i do is simple....

such as....
MY TEXT IS UNDERLINED! ugh!
I'm not sure what I did...but more importantly, can I undo it?
a12a12.JPG