What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just purchased ps - and need basic help! Please!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just click on your text layer (in the layers panel) one time.

TechnicallyChallenged

Be honest.... #1. How do you think it looks?
#2. How long would it have taken you to do it?

I think if I add last nite in, I'm going on around 6 hours? is that the average for a project....?
1a1a1a1a1.JPG

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Be honest.... #1. How do you think it looks?
#2. How long would it have taken you to do it?

I think if I add last nite in, I'm going on around 6 hours? is that the average for a project....?
Looks great. About 5 minutes or less.

TechnicallyChallenged

omg! seriously? at least say 20 minutes, c'mon. LOLOLOLOL.

I am laughing so hard I cannot stop. I'm crying.... you must think I border line special needs.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm worried that your not done with the front yet. While your image size may be correct, your canvas size is larger. When you submit the saved version, it may be too big.

TechnicallyChallenged

oh yes! i forgot to click on the chain link..... am I right?
is that how I make sure it will fit on 5x7 card stock?

ps. got cocky with the back....made my canvas 5x7...but realized I can't put the little pic in the bottom corner...I'll have to do another calculation? or how else do you put a pic on a white background to add text.....?

View attachment 62075

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No, show me a screenshot of the (front) canvas again.

If it looks like this we will have to repair it.
Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 4.34.35 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your not being patient and waiting for a reply.

Just hit Cmd/Cntrl + Z to undo.

TechnicallyChallenged

the kids are dragging me out for dinner.... I'll check in when I get back.
(oh no your WORST nightmare!) LOLOL.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU'RE HELP!!!
YOUVE BEEN AWESOME!!!

MrToM

Guru
TechnicallyChallenged

I appreciate your frustration with PS but if you slow down a little and READ what IamSam is instructing you to do and then follow it as instructed all will become clear.

You have one of the best instructors on this forum at your fingertips...he knows his stuff and doesn't instruct you to do anything unnecessary....but in order for his instructions to work you need to refrain from doing anything else whilst under his instruction.

I appreciate its tempting to click away at whatever you think is right but follow Sams instructions first and you'll have the result you want quicker and with less frustration for both parties.

Regards.
MrToM.

TechnicallyChallenged

Hello? Is anyone out there this evening? I am not sure who my message will reach but I wanted to apologize for yesterday.
I am very sorry for not waiting for a reply from IamSam. I am very grateful for all his help. I used the tools he showed me and re-did my invitation front on a 5x7 canvas and it fits perfectly in the on-line card template. I feel I am getting more proficient in the PS work flow. (baby steps, I'll admit)

After getting home from work today (we are in the North East having a HUGE snow storm) I have had time to work on the invitation back. Unfortunately I am stuck because I cannot seem to change the font colour. I have watched 3 youtube videos, and though they seem straight forward my text remains a funny gray tone. I am sorry to darken your doorstep again, but I feel I am so close to completing my project. If you could assist me, I would be very grateful.text111.JPG

TechnicallyChallenged

I would also like to share the front, I am so proud of it. As you can see I changed the plaid. I felt it "popped" a little more.
Thank you again for all your help. That Bridge is a life saver!front.JPG

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome back. Everything looks great!

To change the font color......

Double click the text thumbnail (black arrow)
Then single click the color text box (red arrow)
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 9.45.01 PM copy.png

TechnicallyChallenged

excuse my enthusiasm, I am not as close to success as I thought....
for some reason, even with the grey text, the card template doesnt like what I have submitted. :(back invite.JPG

TechnicallyChallenged

Thank you for replying IamSam.
I am very sorry about last nite.

If you have a chance could you perhaps see what I am neglecting to do?

[video]https://video-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpf1/v/t42.3356-2/12758934_10154033766531654_114868142_n.mp4/video-1455682841.mp4?vabr=715410&oh=44c2b0331d72e0fbdae3 61ea08dbc2d3&oe=56C5B2AF&dl=1[/video]