What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello—long time user/book designer

jupiterboy

Hi. I've been a Photoshop user since v3.X, but have primarily focused on basic color work for print. I hope to increase my knowledge on particular subjects, and also add to discussions if I can. Cheers.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello JB and welcome to the forum! Oddly enough, color as it relates to printing, is a subject that is discussed often here. You should have plenty of existing information available to you and as always, we will appreciate any input on the matter you can contribute.

jupiterboy

Thanks, Sam. My post seem to be appearing in a printable view as soon as I hit post new thread. No idea. I've used multiple browsers, but no go. Apologies for the inconveniences.

gedstar

Guru
Hi jupiterboy

Are you copying and pasting it in from something else?
If so try copying and pasting it in notepad first and then copy it from notepad into the post see if that works

jupiterboy

Thanks for the tips. The first post was typed into the forum template. The next post was pasted into TextEdit and stripped of formatting. I used Unicode (UTF-8) for scripting, which seems to clear out everything. I will try notepad if you don't mind killing another post. No idea how or why it appears in the print format?

gedstar

Guru
I was able to copy and paste it in no problem, hence without the attachment

Ah I see you finally got there :thumbsup:

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks for the tips. The first post was typed into the forum template. The next post was pasted into TextEdit and stripped of formatting. I used Unicode (UTF-8) for scripting, which seems to clear out everything. I will try notepad if you don't mind killing another post. No idea how or why it appears in the print format?

First, I want to welcome you to the forum and glad to have another Photoshop veteran in our midst. I hope you enjoy your time here and please don't hesitate to jump into whatever discussions that tickle your fancy as well as take part in the activities you'll find here. Looking forward to your activity...

I found your problem and it's an old glitch of the system that even VB can't come up with a solution to...

... The word "PRINT" in your title.... it causes the post to display in print format. I see it's fixed now and members can respond in it....

jupiterboy

Thanks for the welcome. I used multiple levels of format stripping. Not sure I could replicate it, but it is indeed posted. Thanks for the help.