What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Graphic Designer HERE! :D

Pedrro

Hello Everyone, I'm Pedro, An Advanced Beginner Graphic designer, It's my first time in your Forum,
I'm Here for practicing More and more Designing, I like Design, I like it so much,
my only bad problem is that i have a less of inspiration, creativity, and Idea of how my next design will and should be,
I didn't found any Answer for this question.
So i'll share with you two of all my Works done :
- The first one is just after The Real Madrid Lost By 2 - 0 In Champions League ,
www.photoshopgurus.com.jpg
- The second one is done 21 April 2016 " Yesterday " In 11Minutes CHRONO!
ptq30660.jpg

I'm also here for Learning many things about graphic design, Lessons, advices, tutorials, And more ... Because, I really want to evolve my level in Design with all this forum Members,
So, Thank you so Much ♥
Pedro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoogle

Guru
Hi Welcome aboard the Design Train, where there is no end to this Journey.

What areas of Graphic Design did you major in and what level degree, was it Hand art or Digital.

What is your primary sofware and secondary.

I personally use
Adobe Illustrator
Photoshop
Muse
Dreamweaver
Manga Studio
Cinema 4D
After Effects .

I also do a lot of training for the above programs so once we know your level then maybe we can start making more competitions for Qualified Graphic Designers as we seem to be getting a few of them come by now rather than the hobby photoshoppers.

They say you learn from the most experience so if we can have something going with IRL Graphic Designers/ Motion Designers then we can expand the whole forum to suit the professionals, and in turn let the amateurs learn from the pros and all get creative together.

Pedrro

Hi Welcome aboard the Design Train, where there is no end to this Journey.

What areas of Graphic Design did you major in and what level degree, was it Hand art or Digital.

What is your primary sofware and secondary.

I personally use
Adobe Illustrator
Photoshop
Muse
Dreamweaver
Manga Studio
Cinema 4D
After Effects .

I also do a lot of training for the above programs so once we know your level then maybe we can start making more competitions for Qualified Graphic Designers as we seem to be getting a few of them come by now rather than the hobby photoshoppers.

They say you learn from the most experience so if we can have something going with IRL Graphic Designers/ Motion Designers then we can expand the whole forum to suit the professionals, and in turn let the amateurs learn from the pros and all get creative together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much for Your WELCOME :D
i didn't understand what do you mean exactly by "AREA" , But i'm a free designer, i can make everything, about any subject, any Things, Logos, Posters, Invitation,etc ... " And i will always Learn about all this Areas " because i will not Be a Specified Designer in one field, no
And i'm just working Freely now, i'm not integred in any Design school, or something like that,
It was a Digital art.

So , i'm now using Only Photoshop CS6 , i didn't will Work on another Program because it's so hard like beginner,

If i will talk really about my level, i said that i'm working freely, i just started " 1 month ago " , but i didn't work and practice it EVERYDAY, Because i have a lot of Studies.
But, PLEASE, I want to Learn a HHAARRDD Lessons, Because if i still learning a Little and easy lessons, About basics, or anything else, I will never evolve my LEvel, and, The other cause of this, is that I LOVE CHALLENGES WITH HIGH LEVELS !
But if there is some easy lessons where i can have some inspiration, or creativity, Or ...

So, THANK YOU SO MUCH ♥
And i'm Here for Everything, lessons, tutorials, ideas, advices, CHALLENGES, COMPETITIONS, and any other things that they can Evolve my Level The faster possible, :D
THANK YOU ♥

Hoogle

Guru
Ah Ok then,

as for your work as a hobbyist or newbie to photoshop it is very good you have come quite far in just a month keep it up.

As a Graphic Design point of view your top pic has far to much going on to much erasing and logos not clear, the main text is horrible to read, and way to many effects going on around the player that it is actual distracting, You have conflicting lens flairs going on and atmospheric effects that just don't work, it looks like he is wearing a sea erchin on his head, Making your main subject look like an amputee really takes a special kind of design to pull off, with the broken shard effect which I am guessing is some kind of action is just to strong.

As a Design point of view there is no main focus your eyes do not know where to look, that = bad design. Main Image + Main Text is a good starting point make them stand out then add additional detail.

Of course there is lots of areas and style of design, the most common being minimalist, But of course some go on to be loud and busy like sports teams or gaming logos etc.

You will pick it up and I suggest studying logos, going to websites like apple etc to see current trends and mimic them with your own things.

Master mainstream design first, then go on to create your own methods and break the rules, but you have to understand the main concepts of design before you can break the rules..

Not being harsh I am being realistic as you appear to want to come into the design world, and trust me it takes a lot longer than 1 month playing with photoshop before you call yourself a Graphic Designer.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
There are a lot of areas in Graphic Design - multi media, Marketing and Industrial Design, Illustration, publishing, advertising, and public relations to name a few. As well as other SKILLS necessary to becoming a designer - Visual Arts, Typography, Layout, Printing, Manual Drawing and Airbrushing, Copywriting, and a whole lot more.

It's also not a matter of being able to snap together an object and text into a logo. There's more to it than you think.

Nor is it just a matter of creating poster art either. One can't be considered a true graphic designer by wallpaper, poster or fan art creation alone.

Same could also be said of those who have just picked up Photoshop. There's a whole lot more to be learned than just cut, paste, fade this or that, add a texture or fancy effect.

It's not just a computer work world, either. Even then, a computer graphic designer shouldn't be limited to just Photoshop alone. You have to be familiar with the use of other graphic applications.

Pedrro

thank you for all your remarks about My first work, i see the same problems that you have said,
What do you advice me to do?
i want to pratice all fields, NOt just logo or posters,
please let me all trusted learning site, what can make me more professional,
OK, I'm just a BEGINNER IN PHOTOSHOP DESIGNING Haha ^_^
Thank you soo soo much ♥

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But if there is some easy lessons where i can have some inspiration, or creativity, Or ...

So, THANK YOU SO MUCH ♥
And i'm Here for Everything, lessons, tutorials, ideas, advices, CHALLENGES, COMPETITIONS, and any other things that they can Evolve my Level The faster possible, :D
THANK YOU ♥

For inspiration go to these sites:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork?sorting=trending
https://www.behance.net/search?content=projects&sort=appreciations&time=week
http://www.digitalartserved.com

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
thank you for all your remarks about My first work, i see the same problems that you have said,
What do you advice me to do?
i want to pratice all fields, NOt just logo or posters,
please let me all trusted learning site, what can make me more professional,
OK, I'm just a BEGINNER IN PHOTOSHOP DESIGNING Haha ^_^
Thank you soo soo much ♥

These would be a good place to start.

Structured Instruction

Learn Photoshop CC

Plearn

Planet Photoshop

Lynda

Photoshop Essentials