What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, New Here & to PS!

Markie Jordan-Madden

Hello everyone! My name is Markie, and I'm an author and publisher. This means I'm also a cover designer! I learned how to build book covers by layering with the use of a free software called Paint Dot Net. When I got really good at it and realized it didn't quite have everything I needed, I went looking for an alternative. I am now using Photoshop CS2 (free version), because I wanted to try it out and see if I could learn it before committing to the expense. That was about 2 months ago.

So I'm getting better and better with PS, but I'm at the point where I sometimes need to ask someone about an issue specifically, so I went looking for forums. And that's how I found you! :lol:

Thank you very much! I'm happy there's a forum such as this that allows newbies to have a place to ask all their stupid questions! LOL

Hey Markie, sorry I missed you earlier! Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us and I hope you stick around for a long time.

Hi Iamsam! Happy to be here! I think I've just talked myself into purchasing the full Photoshop, though it will have to wait until the beginning of the year. I tried out the free version just to see if I'd be able to learn how to use it, and if it would be useful enough to me. Now that's I'm designing book covers as well as promos and whatnot, I think the full version would be worth the investment!

I agree! It's not really a huge investment anymore and it will be well worth it!

Back