What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

achieveing white background

chauhanheena

Hi,

I need to change the greyish background of the attatched image completely white. I have to do this for more than 100 images. Is there an easy way to do in photoshop with just adjusting colors.
tried to do with a magnetic tool but it seems to bereally difficult for me to use as i dont know how to use photoshop.

thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0112 A.jpg
    DSC_0112 A.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

gedstar

Guru
Hi and Welcome to PSG

There is no easy way to do this, the best way to do this is make a selection with the Pen Tool and copying that to a new layer, create a new layer below that layer and fill with white.
Another thing you have to consider is the neck of the bottle, you will also have to make a selection of that part and fill with white and then lower the opacity

bottle.jpg

i dont know how to use photoshop
This will be a bit of a draw back.

Here's a tutorial on how to make selections with the Pen Tool
http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/selections/pen-tool-selections/

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I agree with @gedstar, the only way to make this selection accuratly is using the pen tool.
The magnetic lasso tool is not an option since the contour of the bottle, specially the glass part, is fuzzy and Photoshop wont be able to calculate a distinct 'border'.

I hope you don't mind @gedstar (I finished the pics to demonstrate the 'how to' and I had them ready to use)

1. start by making a selection of the bottle using the pen tool.

Untitled-1.jpg

2. Press CTRL+J to place the bottle on his own layer
With the bottle layer selected press CTRL + new layer icon at the bottom to make a blanc new layer beneath the bottle layer
Fill that layer with white.
Make a selection of the 'see trough' glass bottle neck.

Untitled-2.jpg

3. Place that selection on his own layer (CTRL+J)
With the selection still active (marching ants) and the bottle layer active press DEL or backspace to delete the selection from the bottle layer.
Make the bottle neck layer active and reduce the opacity at will (about 60% should be fine)

Untitled-3.jpg

If you are not familiar with PS this would look way too elaborate for you but the truth is, Photoshop is not a matter of a few mouse clicks!
But once you get the hang of it, it is really amazing...

Good luck

Last edited: