What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just saying hello

siker11

Hey there. New to the page. Obviously. So i stopped here to say hi and a bit about me.

So i am a photoshop hobbyist i guess. I like to fiddle with it and watch tutorials. But its mostly on ohe people's photos. I dont own a nice camera yet.... so its really Nothing serious. I do eventually want to do my own photography. Maybe just Take a few highschool senior pics or new born baby pics. Nothing full time or anything.

I have three dogs. So I'm sure they will be models for me at some point. I hunt with one of them so hopefully some cool action shots to work with. I am married. And i am editing my own wedding photos because the photographer wasnt great and was even worse at editing. I did come to a blank at what I want to do with a specific photo. Ill create a new post for thst one tho.

I'm on my phone so I'm sorry of theres typos. Ill post some of what i did later!!

Thanks
Samantha

fredfish

Guru
Hi Samantha and welcome aboard.

You can learn loads by doing exactly what you are doing (IE editing other people photos). The world will open up when you also have a greater opportunity to get things right in a decent camera (a skill I am still to master - but always strive :cheesygrin:).

I totally empathise with you regards to your disappointment re your wedding photos. We had a well meaning family member take ours - although they were OK armature shots - they weren't wedding photos! Unfortunately that was 35 years ago and access to any way of editing them was extremely limited. As a result my wife and I, my best man and the matron of honour and the priest got dressed up in all our finery and had some more professionally taken 6 months later!! Look forward to seeing your editing work!

Cheers

John