What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add a pic to a new layer

Rpbin

Hi,

I have added a pic to the bg layer, but I'm stuck as how to add a new pic to the layer above. I want to make the new pic semi-transparent so it looks as tho the girl is being reflected in the polished bronze surface.

I have attached a shot of the girl on the bg layer and a shot of the bronze mirror surface i want to add above her and make is semi-transparent so she *peers through it.

PLEASE can someone tell me a STEP BY STEP procedure for adding the bronze mirror surface pic into the second layer, without making the girl pic disappear from the bg layer? Please not just from file /set in etc but step by step what to click on and what it should do.;)

This issue seems to be so basic that no one explains it, they all seem to assume you can use layers and go on to explain everything that can be done with them

Thank you very much!

I.m using Photoshop CS 6, loaded from a CD on a PC running Win 10

Regards,

Robin

Attachments

• Girl on Bg Layer.jpg
    Girl on Bg Layer.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Polished Bronze Surface.jpg
    Polished Bronze Surface.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator: