What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help style save issues

jamiewalsh

I'm trying to save my layer edits for example I have a landscape picture which I have edited such as the brightness the curves and many other adjustments they are all separate layers but I'm trying to figure out if they is a way I can save these adjustments as a form of filter so I can add the exact same effect to my other landscape photos ?

I've looked high and low on the web and canny find a result :(

Pipsmom

Guru
Also wondering if he is talking about like a Lightroom preset,....maybe he willl get back with us

jamiewalsh

hey guys sorry for the late response! I'm gunna check that "for dummies" thing now.

to try explain it in a better way, so say I edit a photo to give it a cinema effect like change the contrast and the situation and even the curves or even if a free paint a circle or something is they a way I can save the layers so I can apply them to a different photo? like if I spend hours editing a photo and want to apply the same effect to another photo I don't wanna have to run the process of adding all the same adjustments again ? I just wanna save the edit minus the original photo, aha I'm finding it hard to explain :(

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
hey guys sorry for the late response! I'm gunna check that "for dummies" thing now.

to try explain it in a better way, so say I edit a photo to give it a cinema effect like change the contrast and the situation and even the curves or even if a free paint a circle or something is they a way I can save the layers so I can apply them to a different photo? like if I spend hours editing a photo and want to apply the same effect to another photo I don't wanna have to run the process of adding all the same adjustments again ? I just wanna save the edit minus the original photo, aha I'm finding it hard to explain :(
I think Eggy is right, what your looking for is an action. An action allows you to create a set of procedures in order to achieve a specific look without having to manually apply it to each new image. They can be reused over and over to edit an image in a particular way. An action is created by manually performing and recording a series of steps and operations that you perform with any adjustment layers or tools and then saving them in an ATN file.