What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Photoshoppers

mitchell B

hello everybody
i have started a few treads already but let me just introduce myself
i'm Mitchell , 41 years old and dutch
after using ulead photo impact for a year i switched to photoshop in 2002 (i think)

i am self taught by internet en you tube
my insparation is "life" basicly, months (sometimes more than an 1/2 year) can go by without inspiration
so although i would like to be a frequent PS'r im actualy not and so is my learning curve

when i do have inspiration my project can be anything from christmascards, expresions of love, sadness, spirituality, a persiflage of advertisments, made a few bussiness cards but it also can be as simple as a background for poems that i write

i have a weak spot for surreal and abstract

my main reason for joining is to get feedback on my work and hopefully improve
i made a few threads in the showcase forum, which made me wish i joined a forum years ago
i like the feed back and im curios to see what it wil bring me

next week i will be heading to nepal for 6 months to do some volunteering,
so not sure how active i will be in de comming months, but i will stay active here

a few things i made (some are already on this forum)

coca cola.v2.jpgin to darkness.jpgthe orb.jpgits your world v2.jpgchakra meditation.jpg

cheers
have a good one

mitch

fredfish

Guru
Welcome aboard Mitch. I have seen your posts (and comments ) and really pleased to have you aboard.:thumbsup:

Cheers

John

Welcome to the forum mitchell.

You showed us many of your good PS work in the last few days, which I enjoyed tremendously to look at and the following discussions where just as interesting.
So stay with us, keep up the good work and take care on your mission in Nepal.

Regards Chris

gedstar

Guru
Hey Mitch

next week i will be heading to nepal for 6 months to do some volunteering,

Seriously have to admire you for doing that, respect to you :thumbsup:
You obviously like to travel as I do too, really hope you enjoy your trip, don't forget to share your photos and experiences, I really envy you.

Heading over to Cambodia, Vietnam and maybe Laos if I can fit it in for five weeks in Jan/Feb next year

So what kind of volunteer work are you going to do?

Regards
Ged

Last edited:

mitchell B

Hey Mitch
Seriously have to admire you for doing that, respect to you :thumbsup:
You obviously like to travel as I do too
So what kind of volunteer work are you going to do?

Regards
Ged

hey Ged
lets start with that respect is not needed in this case, i have been handed an uportunity to follow my heart. And im taking it (BIG TIME)
actualy im not much of a traveller (atleast i did not used to be). summer hollydays and me were never a match made in heaven (long story)
i did my share of traveling when i was in the army for 13 year, but that was 10 years ago
ive been to nepal for 6 weeks early this year, for 4 weeks of teaching on a school and two weeks of hiking and then i found this compagny called karamflights
http://www.karmaflights.org https://www.facebook.com/karmaflights/?fref=ts (hope this is not considerd spamming otherwise delete it)

they support childers eductaion but do a lot more like : micro financing projects for women, create librarys for schools and communities, build schools, train teachers etc etc

i / we are going to work on a project that hopes to supply villages with there own goats so thay can (partly) take care of some basis life needs
but it is stil nepal, so i could aslo be painting schools or do landslide relief :)

greeetz
mitch

Last edited: