What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which mouse gets the cheese?

Lefty

I'm fairly new to photoshop as I just got cs5 about 6 months ago.So it took me 6 months to ware out my stock Dell mouse.I've been looking at all the high end/cordless options and frankly my eyes are bleeding over all the choices.

So I'll just ask you guys.Should I stay away from the cordless stuff?What mouse is the best for photoshop?

Hoogle

Guru
mmmm if it is for photoshop then ditch the mouse get a wacum bamboo tablet and any cheap mouse will do

LRG

no way to use cordless mouses. and its important to have a good one, especially if you would like to use it over many hours day after day... as i used to too: ) it must be comfortable and precise! nowadays i own a logitech mx518 and its one of the best mouses ive ever seen:) another good choice can be razer deathadder v2.

MrSS

For more precise navigating, I rather use a pen touch or any stylus to do some brushing.

Lefty

Hoogle,LRG,MrSS Thank you for you input.After researching Hoogles recomendation I went ahead and purchased the pen and touch bamboo.After researching mouses, I went ahead and bought a logitech mx518 (amazing how hard it is to find wired mice these days).After 6 months of using cs5 I feel these tools would have been virtualy useless to me in the beginning.Now that I have some tutorials under my belt and countless hours of learning by my mistakes, I think they will be extremely helpfull for a relativly small investment.

I truely appreciate the members on this site and there unselfish advice.I could always draw like a mofo just never got into computers.It's nice to find a place where I can ask a stupid question and not get blasted.

Paul

Former Member
Like above the mouse makes a good tool to use creates the need for accuracy and a steady hand/good eye coordination, something we all strive to achieve, but a pen and tablet will make it a lot easier (talent) allowing LOL.

Carrie56

Power User
I have a logitech m305 on my main comp. My comp is old so it doesn't carry bluetooth. This wireless mouse comes with a very small usb receiver and takes 1 AA batteries. I got a few really high grade batteries and a charger so I always have a fresh pair on hand. The mouse is inexpensive and it lasts for days with out recharging or turning it off and it does get heavy use. The down side is it takes a usb port so you need one available and you have to keep a spare battery on hand when it does eventually die it dies hard.

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone looking for the best mouse for Photoshop and other precise tasks, Logitech G9x is awesome!

cheesecake

No matter which mouse you get, I don't think it would affect anything. Nothing's more precise than a tablet.

Vafann

Guru
My mouse is on it´s way to breaking down too. It´s probably the 6th one I´ve had in about 5 years. I am going to try out Logitech G9x, like Admin said, if I can find one somewhere. I have also just bought a pen tablet, but so far all I can do with it is scribble a little and the stylus just keeps going all over the place. I have been trying to use it Photoshop but the only thing I have been able to do with it so far is unintentionally delete all my palettes, mess up my brushes, open and close things that I don´t want opened or closed, and get cramps from trying to keep the thing from flying around all over the place with a will of it´s own lol. I have put the pen pressure to 4 I think, and it does it anyway.

How long does it take to get used to using a stylus, so that it doesn´t feel like you are using a posessed left hand?

Fairy

Microsoft mouses seems to do the job for me, and the cord one is so cheap. I second Hoogleman suggestion about getting a bamboo tablet.

How long does it take to get used to using a stylus, so that it doesn´t feel like you are using a posessed left hand?
It doesn't take much time before you could paint with a tablet, though sketching with it takes some time to learn. It mainly depends on the tablet you're using. At first, I bought a cheap tablet with unrecognizeable brand, and I was barely able to make anything decent with it. I bought a Wacom tablet after that and it worked like a charm.