What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what's your favorite Genre of music?

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
no bashing!

mine is usually contemporary orchestral and trailer music (Hans Zimmer, Groove addicts, TSFH stuff like that,) along with meaning music, like Amy Macdonald and KT tunstall. as well as melodic rock like nightwish and indica.

for a taster of what i mean.
never really been into mainstream music, it's all about the same old stuff and doesn't provide me with inspiration.

what about you?

RedneckR0nin

Good music!

I am a jazz musician nowadays but played death metal and other hard genres! I pretty much only listen to Jazz and Brass band as the heavy stuff just don't grab me like it used to!

Last edited:
Well, I like classic and hard rock mostly, but lately i been listening a lot of Dubstep music, especially at work, it gets me pumped up.
In a creative way of course.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
cool,
@redneckronin i've had my moments where i've liked a bit of jazz here and there, i think Chicago was to blame for that one.
@M@x i still can't believe they remixed that advert :p (lloyds TSB)

SeniorS

Guru
I like rock, sad rock, blues, sad blues :) ... i must be depresive person.
Okey, sometimes it's 400bits per minut too depends on mood really.
Last ones added in youtubes's favorite

Sad one:

Jazz/blues one:

Classic rock ("dark" mood) one:

And of course Philip Glass kinda classic one of my favorite (discovered only this year and love it)

Paul

Former Member
Old school metal bands are my life, but i will listen to almost anything and like max at the minute i am well into dubstep and it's dirty sister grime.
This is what i use to relax while doing my latest craze of warp and liquidize.

EvaMorel

I love rock, jazz-rock, blues, Icelandic... last time I prefer to listen tribal music especially ! love it a lot :rolleyes:

Burned Ice

Power User
My favorite music genre, gosh, i have 2 extreme sides lol
i very much enjoy listening to techno/house, but also old techno from kraftwerk:

some moderner music: the chemical brothers:

people will notice that watched my intro, it's the same song

an unknown pearl of beauty made by daftpunk:

this was the techno house extreme side (i also listen to dimrain47)

i have a metal side in me wich provides me with disturbed:

and a very very extreme version of metal wich some of you may not be pleased to hear, channel zero, supposed to be popular

so, i'm more up to the techno way (see youtube channel lol) but i also enjoy the last genre

Paul

Former Member
Yeah spruce thick stringers kick ass for me too.