What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Power of The Font

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
So, Just what is the Power of the Font.

We all know all too well how much of an impact different fonts can have on our work. They can make or break pieces of work, they can convey what our subject matter is as well as being part of our subject matter.

with this in mind, post your 2 favourite, most used fonts and share with others fonts that we may have not heard of until now.

Inspired by this thread by Tioga revealing what I think is a really cool font.
http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...65-new-license-plate-font.html#post1533613269

I fully understand that over use of a particular font in all our work would be unacceptable but we alll have favourites don't we.

Will start things off with my favourite 2:

All time #1 is:

28 Days Later

28_days_later0.png
http://www.dafont.com/28-days-later.font

and a close #2 is:

Soopafresh

soopafresh0.png
http://www.dafont.com/soopafresh.font

What are your 2 most favourite fonts?

ibclare

Queen Bee
Two? I know you're kidding right? My favorite fonts change a lot. Course it depends on what it's for ... Used to be Bradley Hand and Lucida choices, but that was a w h i l e ago. So here are my current favorites, even though I may have used a couple only once or not at all ... yet.

fonts.jpg

Ha Ha, cheaper by the dozen!

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Eurostile:
eurostile-perfect1.png
i'm not an industrial designer but the sentiment stands.

Tlwg Mono:
d42a20c00421d8ebeb3e42a584664cb2.png

I use bankgothic a bit but it's over used and imitated by so many designers these days i switched to other fonts.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just two? No way!

I probably over use this one too much.
Screen Shot 2012-11-12 at 10.31.46 PM.png

Surprisingly, this font is quite versatile and I use it often.
Screen Shot 2012-11-12 at 10.31.37 PM.png

This is one of my favorite grunge fonts. I usually make my own though. (usually from IMPACT)
Screen Shot 2012-11-12 at 10.31.28 PM.png

I have way too many fonts! I tend to add new fonts on just about every project.

Vetoed

I dont like grunge fonts anymore. I always go for a clean font and if its for a grunge piece then I add the effects on myself.. Ive to many faviouritw fonts to name

ComedyLover

oh yeah fonts do magic when they r in the right place n by the right design , n thanx for sharing ur fonts here xD will download them 4 sure

Tom Mann

Guru
There are a huge number that I would put into the category of practical, non-flashy, but HIGHLY useful fonts. I couldn't even begin to list them, but I would start with Ariel, Garamond and other old favorites. For serious work, it's critical to be able to modify these by kerning, spacing, drop caps, etc.

Another big category are the ornate scripts. I tend to pull these out for wedding work.

There are also lots of fun, decorative fonts, but, to be honest, I think of them more for kids and the scrapbooking crowd, especially the folks that put rows of flowers and pumpkins around pix or their kids and love the ransom note approach to graphical designs. ;-) See attached for an example of one of these fonts.

Personally, I don't get much call for grunge fonts, but when I do, I usually just make up something that goes with the rest of the design, e.g., fill an outline font with a texture.

To keep track of all my fonts, I use a program called AMP font viewer.

Tom M

Attachments

• AMP_font_viewer-Rosewood.jpg
    AMP_font_viewer-Rosewood.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

kevin_147

Banned
Also, love.graphics.setFont() does not accept just numbers (to only change the font size) in love.android right now.

Last edited: