What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

copyright blah blah but now you must act

Hoogle

Guru
Ok I know we have run in circles on this site about copyright but there is new legislations in place in the Uk and if it passes I am sure it will be Global soon to sum up.

Link to sign the petition at the bottom

[h=1]Stop Legalised Theft of Copyrighted Works[/h]Responsible department: Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
A new legislation that has been rushed through parliament with no thought has now reached royal assent. This legislation means that photographers and illustrators alike will see their artworks legally taken and used for another's own gain.
Unless your works are registered or plastered with a watermark, anyone can use your copyrighted work for their own commercial and personal gains provided they have made a small effort to search for the original owner. If no owner can be found, they are free to do with it whatever they want.
There is nothing to stop people simply removing data embedded in digital files and pleading ignorance to the original author of the work.
The details have not yet been finalised, meaning there is little time left to put huge pressure on our government. Write to your MP and demand their objection.
Sign this petition now and share it with all you know to demand the UK Government make a U-turn and abort this legalised theft of digital artworks.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49422

RTContent

Power User
This seems insane. Do you have a link to the official documentation from Parliament?

RTContent

Power User
Thanks for the insight. I do not see that this will pass, but the petition has my vote!

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
I haven't proof but I think this CC with Adobe has something to do with this also.I smell a conspiracy in the works! Time will tell.

iDad

Guru
If anybody decides to go CC always save your CS apps just in case the cloud fails, or you just might find yourself buying new
application.... just a thought.. probably frivolous but a thought