What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the heck is your name and . . .

ibclare

Queen Bee
. . . can we call you by it here?

Please excuse your old aunty clare for forgetting some or getting them mixed up. Some I just don't know and your member names are a bit awkward so we're slways reducing them to initials. Not a big deal, but I'd rather say Hi Fiona, Andy, Rob, and so on.

Some names are fairly obvious: Steve, Paul, Chris(design), Mike(Mc) . . . If you haven't already figured it out, I'm Clare and I'm from IB, AKA Imperial Beach, California.

If you would like to tell us how you chose your member id that would be great. I have simply used ibclare since I joined aol (not with it anymore btw) back when most of us just had dial-up. Yeah, I am no longer 35.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Yeah..well mine is my initials and my age..which is 68 and the moment but in July is going to be 69..(assuming I am still on this side of the dirt) My middle name is Larry and everyone calls me that. My wife of 48 years calls me that among other things..

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thanks Sam, oh yeah I had to guess at your name too! I knew there was another thread but didn't search for it. Sigh, my lazy streak showing again. I liked your story too. It's funny.

Sierraccr

Power User
I'm Sierra. Yep, you can use it here. :) The "CCR" part is the identifier for my home airport in California.

And I have I am Sam moments all the time. Kinda like "here's your sign" only quieter. :D

Paul

Former Member
My name is Paul, i used to be known as Belia HERE MANY MOONS AGO. I used that name everywhere way back i was into devil worship and demonic possession but a local priest used his 'power of christ compels me' card, luckily the demon flew off and i became Paul, i still have no mirror reflection nor do i have a shadow?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sierra - I just thought you were a CCR (Credence Clearwater Revival) fan! :cheesygrin: It's good to hear that I'm not the only on to have IAS moments!

Grant! Great to see you!

Paul...............that explains a lot!

MrToM

Guru
Mine isn't because I like to be called 'Mr', nor is it because my name is Tom.

A while back there was a UK commercial for a confectionery called.........'MrTom'.

mrtom.png

The voice-over was done by the very eccentric [Dr.]Harry Hill, an odd but brilliant comedian. At the end of the commercial he said the words 'Mr Tom' in a silly way, which made me chuckle. I never thought anyone at work had ever seen the commercial and so thought nothing more about it until one day sometime later a colleague of mine said 'Mr Tom' in the same silly style as Harry Hill........great! someone else had seen it!

Having the same silly sense of humour, our greetings toward each other were to just say 'Mr Tom' in the same silly manner.......other work colleagues caught on, (after dispelling the theory we were just both mad as fish), and well, I got stuck with the name.

So there you have it, all down to a commercial.

Oh, and......
My name?
If you knew that, you'd be as clever as me.
©Layer Cake 2004.

Regards.
Gaz.(A peanut based comestible)

My name is Chris or Christian, (in Switzerland it's Christian). Design and Retouching for high end applications is what I have done for many years. I use chrisdesign as a forum name. Presently am only active in PSG.

Clare, we now have two guys with the same name. Complicated situation is it?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We can call Remote-Medic Chris and you Christian. Or Chris L. and you Chris D.