What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creation/Inspiration.

inkpad.t

Guru
Creation/Inspiration.

I was taking a walk around the internet looking for ways to get the creative juices going and getting some inspiration to improve my work... I started to look at Introducing the 3d aspect in to works done in Photoshop. I am the type of person when i get to learn something new that I then want to Know how to do it myself...

A bit like Photography .... I first ( and still do ) use stock images for Photoshop to create most of what i do... then it gets to me... learn Photography ( as much as i can ) to be able to take my own images for my own stocks... to create my own works ...

So I Have started to do this...took some of my own images... and still clicking around all the time as I take my little point and shoot camera with me wherever i go.. Even though its only a simple camera I am getting use to some of its settings, i have now got a line grid set with 9 boxes on the screen which is helping me with both the horizontal and vertical level of the camera when i take the shot, this also gives me ( in my head anyway ) the start about the rule of thirds as I'm taking the shot rather than afterwards.. still adjusting to lighting and such but getting there on the way.

so I have been working in Photoshop on how to create things myself and not just get an image and stick in there, that's what got me working on the last one i did about the lab with the women in it and the scientist. i made 90% of that myself.

Anyway getting a bit side track here... I was looking at creating 3d imagery of my own to put in composites. i have been learning Blender and came across a tutorial , but when looking at another tutorial that I notice i thought of this forum... its a great place to be and get ton's of advice and such a knowledgeable base of people to learn from... although he was basically talking in the main about blender in the main, i just thought a lot of what he was saying applies to a wide area of art in general including those who are learning Photoshop.

Some might think.. what a load of tosh... but for me it made sense.. I think this has made me look at things a bit more..... and gave me the spur i needed to go deeper and carry on with something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6JpGyvFot0

hershy314

Guru
That was an interesting video. He made a lot of good points. The point he made about drawing is true. I know I have said time and time again I can't draw for nothing. Yet others see what I've drawn and they seem to like it. I'm sure if I kept drawing instead of just doing it when required for class I'd be better at it. Another point he made about Picasso was right on. Today he is thought of as a genius, but back in his day people thought he was crazy. Thanks for posting the video.