What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now for something completely different

fotograffiti

Power User
As a teenager, I used to draw a lot, people liked my drawings too.
So when I was 15, I applied for art school (regular day school) and made it through two days of testing.
However, I was not really talented enough and I gave up at 18, being in my second year for the second time.
But I always continued doing "artsy" things. Leading to a workshop colour pencil which was lovely, and later Graphic Design which I had to give up due to work.
In the meantime I had become a photographer, learning everything on the job.
Every now and then I would try painting but always became frustrated.
So now I sweetly asked my husband if we could spend the money for art school once more.
Had my first class on Monday and I loved it. (even though no paint was involved, first exercise was charcoal.
So watch out for wonderful paintings coming up in the future :mrgreen:

Tom Mann

Guru
Hey, Foto - THAT'S GREAT !!! I wish you lots of luck and great success in your new adventure. I have an acquaintance who began taking classes in sculpture at age 68, and now, several years later, her work is being shown in various exhibits, has sold a couple of busts, etc.. It's never too late to learn!

Do keep us posted on your latest and greatest.

Cheers,

Tom M

fotograffiti

Power User
Most of the people there are over 50, there is even a man who is at least 75 I guess; He finishes this year but doesn't want to. A lot of people never want to leave, so they enroll in another group and then continue doing two different classes :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is great Christina! I agree, it's never too late to start a new adventure. Keep us posted on your progress with lot's of images!