What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best news all year.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Best wishes hershey..you'll do well at that!:clap:

hershy314

Guru
So I was supposed to start this Saturday, but I got an email earlier saying that's no longer true. I know I'm not fired they just moved my start date. Sucky thing is they haven't told me when that will be. Guess it's back to looking for work again.

ALB68

Oh man..that's not good. Hang in there, you'll get something soon. Don't give up on this one quite yet..it may come through.
So I was supposed to start this Saturday, but I got an email earlier saying that's no longer true. I know I'm not fired they just moved my start date. Sucky thing is they haven't told me when that will be. Guess it's back to looking for work again.

hershy314

Guru
I'm not giving up on this job. Sure my start date was pushed back, it's not like they decided last minute I was fired. I'm still going to look for something else. I'll keep this job too for a while.

hershy314

Guru
Called the office today and found out what was going on. My start date has been postponed for the time being. The new start date hasn't been determined yet. They said to just check my calender each morning to see if anything has changed (online calender not the one on my wall lol). So in the mean time it's back to looking for work, I'm not waiting around.

ALB68

One has to do what you have to do. Good luck in your search!

ALB68

You know, I am a freelancer and I have a variety of things I do. I sometimes find gigs as they are referred to on Craig's List. I don't know where you live but you might check out your local board or even others. I see lots of ads on there for people looking for Photographers to do what I would to consider to be fairly simple work. You might take a look there. I recently got a new customer from CL .Guy does promotional services and sells business cards, t-shirts and various things. He just needed someone he could go to as he had work come up. Since then I have done several jobs for him. You don't seem to have much faith in your PS skills but remember, there are lots of people here that would gladly help you out if you got in a jamb. Spread your wings and go find some of these things. You got to start somewhere.
In this town I don't need luck when finding work......I need a miracle lol.

hershy314

Guru
Talked to my boss earlier today and found out what was going on. As it turns out I am working tomorrow. And working next Saturday as well. I wont be getting very many hours, way less than I thought. Still going to try to find else where. Maybe I can keep both jobs if I find another one.

ALB68

You will be there #1 presenter before long, Just keep at it.:thumbsup:
I would say today was a success. Ran out of products to sample and the store ran out of the product I was sampling.

ALB68

Wow..what a gig..can you eat too?
their lol sorry couldn't help it. So far this job is easy. I guess that's cause today I was sampling bacon.....everyone love bacon. I didn't have to do a thing, people could smell it all over the store and had to have some.

ALB68