What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is it doing this?

hershy314

Guru
I've always seen the control to initiate the cleaning function as part of the printer driver software that you install when you first added the printer to your system, and that you (can usually) see whenever you print. There may be a separate app specifically to do cleaning, but that wasn't what I was talking about.

Tom
I thought it was a separate app. I found what you was talking about and tried it a few times. It didn't make it any better, still doing the same thing. I even ran the deep cleaning program a couple times. I probably could spend all day doing this but I'm not going to.

Tom Mann

Guru
That's too bad, Hershy. As I mentioned earlier, I thought it was a long shot, but since it is so easy to do, it was worth trying.

FWIW, I hardly ever print for myself any more. For my paid photography work, I've been turning more and more to a local, pro-only printer that caters to DC area wedding, event, advertising, and other pro work. He maintains very high standards with respect to rock steady color calibration, cleanliness, attention to detail, special delivery to customers, speed, good prices, ability to print big, etc. I've used him for at least 20 years, and he clearly does a better job printing than I can possibly do for myself.

If you are printing less than once per week, after enough time, there's a reasonable chance you will run into nozzle clogging again, even if you buy a new inkjet printer, so you might want to investigate printers in your area, as well as big, on-line internet photo printing operations such as Mpix, Snapfish, Vistaprint, White House, etc. Even though they have to return your prints by conventional mail, they are very fast and do good, consistent work.

Good luck,

Tom M