What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huion H610 Pro or 1060Pro+?

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Hey PSgurus and People of the like!

As it's recently occurred to me that I need a graphics tablet, so I looked around and was going to go for a Wacom bamboo, but I stumbled across Huion, which do 10x6.25" tablets for the same price as a 5.8" Bamboo tablet. A good active surface would be good, and I've used a bamboo before and while it was a decent size it was slightly too small for me to use accurately.

So I've narrowed it down to the H610 pro and the 1060Pro+ which are within the same price range as eachother, but I'm not entirely sure which one is better for me.

to describe my usage habits:

I texture models A LOT, it's part of my hobby, and soon it'll be a part of the degree I'm doing, so things like adding wrinkles and stitching to clothes etc is something I do regularly.
I do like to draw here and there, it can set a concept in stone as it were.
I sculpt in mudbox, again for wrinkles in clothing a tablet's pressure sensitivity can come in handy.
I also sculpt in Ndo, if I can sculpt accurately in Ndo, I'll lose the need for mudbox.
I do general photoshopping as well, touching up photos, manipulating images into more of my crazy ideas.
I tend to be quite meticulous and accurate when it comes to textures, almost to the point of being anal retentive, which I've found a simple mouse cannot suit as well as I'd thought.
Whatever happens this tablet needs to be responsive, accurate and have a decent active area. both tablets are pressure sensitive to that's okay

If you have any other suggestions of large active area tablets within the £50-65 price range, go for it!

Thanks!

Zee

Hoogle

Guru
be careful as mudbox only has real support for wacom, well they may have changed that, my friend ha a trust tablet works fine with adobe but mudbox makes it behave very strange.

I just ordered a microsoft surface pro to replace my wacom (well that is the idea anyway) worked out cheaper than a new intuos and beauty is I believe the screen is the same + you get an i7 16gb ram 512gb ssd windows tablet.

So maybe look at increasing your budget and killing 2 birds with 1 stone

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
You can fix the inaccuracy issues by defining "MUDBOX_USE_LOWRES_TABLET_DATA" as an environment variable, I had problems with my old trust tablet as well, worked perfectly after defining the above... then I broke the stylus pen a few months later and they didn't supply that model any more
more on the point though, as I said before, If I can get a tablet that sculpts accurately enough in Ndo, it would remove the need for mudbox completely as I only really use mudbox for normal maps, 3dsMax is my main modelling source, now anyway, it would've been a different story 6 months ago.

while I'd really love a shiny new surface pro of that spec, there's really no point in me personally forking out over £1,000 on a surface pro tablet. more to the point, I don't have that much money, upping my budget by £10 is acceptable, but not by £950! XD
While you may get a decent enough income to support buying a surface pro I definitely don't :p besides, I'd get slaughtered if I brought another computer into the house XD my desktop works perfectly with everything I need it to work with, so there would really be no need for me to buy a surface for 3 times the price I paid for the desktop parts, when I can just buy a graphics pen tablet for it for a smattering of the price, maybe I'll get one of those fancy graphics touchscreens one day; Huion and Wacom do them at a decent-ish price.

I've got a kindle fire HDX which I got on a discontinuation sale, that supplies me with my doodle medium, should I have an idea pop into my head.

Anyhoo, back to the original question, any suggestions for £50-£60 hoogle?

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Zee,
My recent experience with tablets. Had a Wacom Bamboo worked fine but had a fragile interface and no pressure ability. It finally died after about a year because of the usb connection into the tablet being so flimsy. I was financially challenged at the time and decided to buy a cheapie.I bought a Turcom which is manufactured by Hurion. It was OK but the driver just absolutely sucked. It had a pen that turned itself off and on to save battery power (ran off a battery). I even wrote to the factory and they sent me another driver and I think it was worse than the other one. I would be happily working along and then the tablet would just quit. Sometimes to recover it, I would have to reboot..AGGRAVATING!
At Xmas, one of my wealthy siblings bought me a Wacom Intuos Pro Medium -$309.00 and I absolutely love it. They make the smaller one that's about $200.00, Regardless, as Hoogle advises, Wacom is the big dog in this fight, so if you can afford it, stay away from the other junk out there and get something from Wacom that works, you will be happier.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
I can get a wacom bamboo, I used one in college, it was good, discounting the frankly terrible macs they had, the usb slot is very flimsy though. And the size is slightly dinky.
I've heard hurion are really good, and the review on amazon are overall very positive, people even saying that the hurion is better than a few wacoms.
So long as its accurate, I really dont give a damn, but the two hurions are the ones i'm torn between

florenceccollinsc

Huion H610 Pro tablet is nice, light and works very well and best in Price. The pen feels very good on the surface of the tablet. The only problem is that the buttons cannot be configured for individual softwares. The tablet could also be a little bit more resistant.