What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Cat Suki

ibclare

Queen Bee
Dave and I went to a work banquet Friday night after a really long & already emotional day, meeting commitments, driving all over the county. Dave drove 250 miles that day, home from work, downtown with me, up to the dinner at a cas-ino in north county, home . ..

(Stupid auto mod wouldn't let me write cas-ino without the hyphen or something. Sheesh)

When I came home I couldn’t find my 16 yr. old kitty. She never misses a chance for food and I brought leftovers! She wasn’t there the next morning either. I knew but I wasn’t ready to give up. Dave and I looked under every possible place, even tried to see if the screens to the house foundation, which is raised, were open. But they weren’t. Even my cat loving neighbor joined in.

Now it’s almost 3 days and I am sure she is gone. She was sick. She started getting obviously ill at least a year ago. But my sick pets who had obvious problems needed the vet and I ignored her crying. Animals don’t show their pain if they can help it. I didn’t think of that or blocked it out. I didn’t ignore it, but I thought it was due to a problem she had had with an abscessed tooth and as long as it didn’t break open I thought we were OK. But when I finally took her to the vet 3 months ago, she was diagnosed hyperthyroid and I was given meds for twice a day.

It’s been almost 3 days and though I want to believe otherwise, I know she is gone. Sarah gave me Druid Animal Oracle cards before she died. This morning, I shuffled them and cut them. I don’t have to tell you what card was then on top.

The Cat.

Sometimes, life hands you what you need.

“Cats can observe both this world and the other world. She brings us the ability to observe situations quietly without judgment before making decisions.” She is of course a symbol of sensuality. “The cat unites an awareness of the spirit world with a highly developed sensuality.” Cats are also fierce warriors, though mine was simply a Queen, ruling all the other pets and letting the other 3 cats in her life do the prowling, protecting, and pugnacious posturing. (Like my alliteration there?)

Though I still want it to be otherwise, I know she has left us. My desire is to see her, even if she is dead. I would like to bury her here, but that doesn’t seem likely now. If she were to come home, I know she would have to go to her last cat nap because she is old and ill and it is time. Animals know to hide when they are at their most vulnerable. I will miss her, but I also know she is playing and napping with all my animals and animal loving family & friends, who are up there to meet her.

BunnyCat.jpg

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Suki?

Awwww..... clare, I'm so sorry to hear that. She was such a lovely, feet warming, constant companion if not a slave driving, hair ball giver of joy.

Life must go on, they say. You had her for years in life and it's the memories of her that will keep her in your heart and mind forever.

Cheer up, kiddo.....

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Clare, she lived a long and I'm sure pampered life. Animals have a built in intuition about when their time is short. They sometimes just go and hide and let the inevitable happen. We have one that looks just like her and now we have 8 more. We had another kitten show up here this weekend that someone had undoubtedly dropped off. (we get a lot of that because of where we live). So don't worry, there is another one that requires care and a home. Sorry for your loss. Can't tell though, she might be taking a vacation at one of your neighbors. We had a beloved Siamese cat once that just disappeared and showed back up 9 months later..you never know.

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm so sorry, Clair.

FWIW, the cat I had in grad school decided to go on an adventure in mid-November in a remote area of upstate NY (nearest farm was about a mile away). By the spring, I had completely given up any hope of ever seeing her again, but one night, she showed up on our doorstep, absolutely healthy. We have no idea how she survived, but maybe you'll get lucky, too. If not, look at the pix and remember all the good times.

:-(

Tom

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thanks everybody. As far as her going anywhere? That is rather unlikely though not impossible. If she were healthier and bigger (she weighs all of 10 pounds) and went cruising the neighborhood like my two others do, then I'd wait patiently. ;)

Larry, you and dv8_fx and your animules. The greatest number of cats I have ever had were 4 of my own, and 2 of my roommates's. (but she kept them inside her bedroom most of the time)

I think I'll wait a bit before I add to my current menagerie of 2 cats and two dogs. And don't you laugh dv8. Maybe if I had the acreage and the insanity you do, I'd let every stray cat and dog stay here with us. :rofl:

Like most cats, she used to move around in her choice of sleeping places. That would be Easter baskets, every chair in the living room, the pillows and on top of my head at night, under the lavender bush. Yeah, I will always have the good memories and try to lost the regret. I've had it with almost every animal I lost, so I figure I am just taking on more than I deserve. I did give her a pampered life. More so than I give me! [innocent]