What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can you invert a mask in lightroom cc

egosbar

Guru
i know its a photoshop forum but i dont want to join another forum just yet although im starting to like the initial editing in lightroom , but i found that i cant invert a mask or at least i cant see a way to do it , if i want to adjust a large area id rather select a smaller area i dont want to adjust and then invert it

can this be done

Tom Mann

Guru
Sorry, but I don't know of any way to do it. However, to be honest, even though I use LR almost daily (and have been using it at this level for the past 2 or 3 years), I only use the pins (and their associated masks) in LR for easy, generally soft-sided selections that don't require much mask manipulation. Since the masking facilities in PS are so vastly superior, if I anticipate that I will need better masking facilities, I move the image over to PS to accomplish this.

Let me know if you find how to do it, tho.

Cheers,

Tom M