What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip home

hershy314

Guru
Normally I look forward to trips back home, but this time it's a little different. This time I'm going up there cause my Dr wants an second opinion on something he saw in my last echo. For those who don't know, an echo is a device dr's use to see how a baby is developing inside the mother or in my case see how my heart is doing with out cutting me open. I'm sure it has other uses too, I just don't know what they are. The Aorta tube (which is the largest tube going to the heart) has closed off to about 4 (I don't know the unit of measure). I'm not sure how big it's supposed to be, but at this point it's between moderate and severe. What this trip will hopefully do is give the Dr's an idea of what the next step should be. Only part I'm looking forward to is seeing a few old friends and celebrating my bday a day early.

Tom Mann

Guru
Good luck, buddy -- even if they need to do some work on it, these days, doctors and do absolutely amazing things. Please let us know how it goes.

Tom M

Yes, good luck Andrew, and have confidence in the doctor.
Your positive attitude will also be helpful.

hershy314

Guru
I know I'll be fine, I mean they already cut me open once before. Course the couple months after that sucked bad. The place I'm going to is actually a training hospital, so I know I'm in good hands.

hershy314

Guru
So yesterday I was in St Louis to see a heart dr cause my heart dr here was concerned about something he saw in my last echo and wanted a second opinion. As it turns out he was right to be concerned. The echo does show I am having trouble, nothing really major. I have to go back in September for a CT Scan with dye to see how bad things really are. Hopefully everything checks out and I wont need surgery for another year or so, but I'm ready for whatever happens. I mean I can't do nothing about it either way.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Well, either way they'll do whats best for you so I think you can rest assured with that.

What a suckish way to ruin a summer though! Really sorry about that, you're in my thoughts and best wishes!!

ibclare

Queen Bee
I'm glad for you that your worst fears have been relieved. Now they want to get a better picture with the dye so they can truly track the changes in blood flow and size of the constriction.

I hope you'll keep your eye on the prize: seeing family and friends. Best wishes kiddo!

hershy314

Guru
I've heard from my Dr yesterday and it's good news. They thought that maybe my aorta tube was either enlarged or shrunk (couldn't tell from the echo) so I had a CT Scan done. The scan showed my aorta tube was the correct size. Only problem is two leaky valves which I already knew about. I'm supposed to go back next year for another echo and a MRI. The leak is only moderate and they wont do anything unless it's severe.

Steve

Retired Administrator
I've heard from my Dr yesterday and it's good news. They thought that maybe my aorta tube was either enlarged or shrunk (couldn't tell from the echo) so I had a CT Scan done. The scan showed my aorta tube was the correct size. Only problem is two leaky valves which I already knew about. I'm supposed to go back next year for another echo and a MRI. The leak is only moderate and they wont do anything unless it's severe.
Sounds like good news, :thumbsup:
Deal with the future, in the future, you're obviously staying on top of you're situation.
Very smart thing to do.