What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What you listening to while you create?

Paul

Former Member
Today i am mostly with the Maiden:bowdown:

Tom Mann

Guru
My mind can only do one thing at a time, so I rarely listen to music while I'm using PS, but when I'm not PS'ing, Chris's playlist matches me to a "T". +1

Tom M

PS - I also love Emmylou Harris's vocals, so she's high on my playlist, as well.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Eric Clapton
Marc Knopfler
Philip Fankhauser
Joe Cocker
Bob Dylan

I have to admit.... Except for Slow Hand, the rest isn't in my fave list but have at one time or another, must have played their hits a thousand times till my fingers bled back when I was a working musician.

Days of rock are behind me now...... Anything Jazz, Pop and Soul works for me most especially TOTO or the original EWF - the world's greatest SHOWBAND.... :bowdown:

Paul

Former Member
So lizards a funkster at heart, today i am playing mainly

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
HAIL TO JUNK..... Jazz + Funk.......

The only time my hair grows longer is when figuring out and attempting the licks on guitar work like this.....

Still figuring whether Steve V. really did a reverse whammy at 2:54 of the vid..... :shocked::bowdown: ......

Paul

Former Member
Today i am listening to mainly
:yourock:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I like the sound of silence, so no distraction...
Otherwise some good oldies from before the disco era.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like to listen to the TV (news), Podcasts (various subjects), Pandora (various artists), YouTube (new artists).

However, I still watch as many as 10 Photoshop related tutorials per day so most of the time that's what I'm listening to.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
How can you keep up Sam?! Some tutorials go way WAY too fast for me to keep up, its a skill! :)

I mostly listen to a genre known as epic music or trailer music when working.

an example:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KbOo2Kvngdg

Otherwise, I dont care what I listen to, so long as I can think with said music, so I hqve found myself with iron maiden and the like a few times

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How can you keep up Sam?! Some tutorials go way WAY too fast for me to keep up, its a skill!
Lots of pausing and rewinding.

I have stumbled across the EMC before. Great music when I'm in the mood.

SEI7390

Greatest band in the WORLD mate:yourock:
I saw Led Zeppelin at the free Shaffer (beer) festival at the Sheep Meadow in Central Park in NYC when the opened for BB King.
They were boo'd by the BB king fans but by the end of the set they got a standing O.

To me there best album was the first and they lost ground as they went but I'm a three chord rock and roller.
The more complicated the R&R tune the less I usually like it, AKA Pink Floyd

Don't really listen to a lot of R&R any more.
Whether it's broadcast radio, iHeart, or Pandora, it's all the same limited collection of music.

I love jazz but it's same thing, a repeat of the same several dozen artists on broadcast radio, iHeart, or Pandora.

MrToM

Guru
They don't let me listen to music in here...
...not unless my eyes are clamped wide open anyway.

The penguins all have ice-pods though......but then so would you if your bottom was that close to the ground. :rofl:

I think Jimmy is going through his 'Enya' phase......I need a serious word with that lad.

Regards.
Cell #5

Paul

Former Member
Not so much MrTom and more of Dr Lecter maybe:devilish:

Steve

Retired Administrator
Mozart, Earl Klugh, Beethoven, Bob James, JS Bach, James Taylor, Joe Sample, Mendelssohn, Stan Getz, Peter White, Diana Krall, Joe Pass .....
Mostly music, not vocals, when using Photoshop.

f2bthere

Vocals are often too distracting for me, too.

Recently, classical guitar has been good.

Movie soundtracks are often good.

"Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence"
"The Mission"
The Bourne movies.