What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free alternatives to the worlds best image manipulation software Photoshop

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great list Paul!

I'm still going through these. One I checked was not actually free, the free version is limited and more like bait to get you to spring for the X version. Others were only good for Linux, Mac, or both. I really liked Gimpshop but the one I'm most impressed with is Krita! Unfortunately for me, their Mac version needs some work as they claim it's unstable and will only work with 10.9.

I will report on the others later.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Hey Paul, nice find!

You remember PSG has a dedicated thread for this? it needs some TLC as it hasn't been updated in a while, so I could definitely add some of these in to the first post once Sam has come back and reported which ones are fully free. You'll be credited in the thread as per, as far as I'm aware the thread isn't looked so, if you wanna, pop in and poke the link there, or don't, it's up to you :)

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Paul, nice find!

You remember PSG has a dedicated thread for this? it needs some TLC as it hasn't been updated in a while, so I could definitely add some of these in to the first post once Sam has come back and reported which ones are fully free. You'll be credited in the thread as per, as far as I'm aware the thread isn't looked so, if you wanna, pop in and poke the link there, or don't, it's up to you :)

I thought of the same thing Zee. I think the thread is closed....I can't remember if you can edit your own posts in a closed thread....I don't think you can......myself or Ged can re-open the thread if needed.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Zee I reopened the thread so you can make edits.

Hoogle

Guru
I have been dabbling with Kritta for a while now, I really like it, I do not see it as a PS Replacement but for Artistic sides of Photoshop it is in fact better I think....

Paul

Former Member
I have been dabbling with Kritta for a while now, I really like it, I do not see it as a PS Replacement but for Artistic sides of Photoshop it is in fact better I think....

I agree H Kritta works best for me while dabbling in the art box:thumbsup: