What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chucktin

Phew! A lot or deal with. Had a triple bypass couple years ago. 71 n3xt year. Feeling great for the nonce but I know ol' scratch isn't too far away. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

hershy314

Guru
It's been a 2-3 year ordeal to get this far. I'm glad that things are finally getting turned around. Course part of me is not happy about being disabled, only cause I'm still young. I'm only 36, and to be retired at this age seems so weird. But I am, and I have to live with it. I guess that gives me more time for photography and photoshop.

hershy314

Guru
Finally got my surgery done. I went in on Feb. 7th, by Feb 11th I was home from the hospital. Everything went well, though there was one problem. I lost a lot of blood, but they got that under control pretty quick. I know have a mechanical valve in my heart. It will last me the rest of my life, only annoying thing about it, I can hear it working. Which is good I guess, at least I'll know if it stops.....right? I was told I'd be in the hospital 6-8 days. I was barely there for 5. Soon enough I'll be back out taking photos and enjoying my youth. I think I'll create something in PS today. Also thanks for the prayers and good thoughts going into the surgery.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats Andrew! I was never worried for you...............I had faith you would do just fine!

Wow.. that's good news Andrew.

I'm happy for you that your surgery was successful, and I admire your sense of humor and your positive thinking in these difficult times.
Best wishes and good health for your future.

Regards
Chris

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Indeed, good news!

I wish you a speedy recovery, get well soon.

Tom Mann

Guru
That's GREAT, Andrew!!!! It's easy to try to assure someone that they will be OK, but when you know that someone is going to be mucking around with your heart, I'm sure you were nervous. Now u can breathe a BIG sigh of relief. My wife has a friend who had a mechanical valve installed when she was in her teens. The woman is now in her 70's and never had a problem with it, leads a completely normal life, etc. This has been a big, important step you have taken. CONGRATS!!!

Tom M