What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Card Question

BenceDusa

Hello! I planning to change my current video card to a Nvidia Geforce 210 ASUS_NVIDIA_GeForce_210_silent_graphics_card_with_HDMI.JPG I know is not a High End Video Card with the 1GB, but i hope for the Photoshop works is going to be enough. Because my old PC is broke, and now what i have i need to build, a replace some stuff, actually am almost done with the parts, right now the most important the Video card. So if here have PC Guru members :) Please tell me if this card is good enough for Photoshop or i must look some other. Thanks! :thumbsup:

BenceDusa

I have now 4GB Ram inside, but when i have chance i will put 8 or 16GB. But thanks for the answer! But i need to change my video card because the Program crashing.. and when i open it it says my video card not compatible stuff, because it's an integrated sh*t..

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
You *really* need to determine whether that (old) video card is compatible with the version of PS you are using.

Start with this:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Notice that the 200 is not listed. My guess is that it will only be fully compatible with older versions of PS. You will have to check this yourself. The amount of RAM on the video card is definitely not the only thing that matters.

I realize that your funds are limited, but I have to add that 4 Gig of RAM is dreadfully small to manipulate images from modern cameras which often produce images with over 4000 pixels in the long dimension. In addition, depending on the version of the OS, all that might be needed for the OS, and then Adobe usually states that PS needs (at the bare minimum) 2 Gig above that to run. I'm not at my computer at the moment, but as I recall, my Win 10 system uses (... I just checked...) 5.58 Gig of RAM just for the OS, a virus checker, my password manager, and Adobe's Creative Cloud wrapper application, but no other user applications running (i.e., no browser, no Word, no music, no YouTube, etc.).

If you feel like playing around, fine, but realize that you may run into a dead end with such severe limitations (at least on modern operating systems, modern versions of PS, and images from modern, large pixel count cameras).

Here's another very useful link for the situation you are facing:
https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recommendations

Here is a recent thread in which people were trying to get by with minimal hardware:
https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...ng/56777-laggy-crashy-computer-photoshop.html

The best of luck.

Tom M