What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VueScanx64

JoeJ

Have come across VueScanx64, a tool to enable me to edit in WORD a text that has been scanned on my flatbed scanner hp3970. This tool is said to be compatible with Windows 10, as the flatbed scanner is not fit for purpose without applying VueScanx64.

The attached 5 images are self-explanatory, and will show you exactly what I have been doing with VueScanx64 and where I got stuck just before obtaining the final result, i.e. the text saved in WORD where I canImage 2.jpg edit it after scanning.Image 3.jpgImage 3.jpgImage 4.jpgImage 5.jpg
'
Query:- After Image 5 (on the right of this page) what is the next move to get the text in WORD where I can edit it? I could only save it in PICTURES, but what then, as it wouldn't open in WORD?

Thanks in advance, not least for your patience with me.

Joe

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 3

JoeJ

Many thanks again. I have watched the video tutorial you indicated, but still it does not answer my question.

As the video is ending, it tells you to SAVE. My problem is SAVE WHERE TO BE ABLE TO EDIT THE TEXT IN WORD? OR IS EDITABLE SOMEWHERE ELSE?

Joe

gedstar

Guru
Hi Joe

Sorry but I don't actually use that software, but from my knowledge when you scan the document using the scan as OCR Text File it saves it as a Rich Text document which can be opened in Microsoft Word.
Once the document is scanned in the correct format you just need to locate the file and open it with MS Word or any other Word processing software, the file should have a .rtf file extension

P.S.
You should be able to find the file in your Pictures Folder.

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Hey Joe

I just download the software to take a look

On the Input Tab where you see Options use the drop down menu and select Professional

image1.jpg

Then go to the Output Tab and then put a check mark in the OCR text file check box as below

image2.jpg

rtf file extension

image3.jpg

Alas I can't run a test scan as I don't have a scanner

Last edited:

JoeJ

Renewed thanks. I can, of course, save the scanned document in my Pictures Folder, but it won't open in WORD. Have tried to save it elsewhere, e.g. in MY DOCUMENTS, but no success at all. The mind boggles!

Kind regards. Your help means a lot to me.

Joe

gedstar

Guru
Hey Joe

I'm in work right now but will be home in about an 2 hours, I have a scanner at home so will be able to test it there for you, it may help if you upload the document you are trying to scan.
Please don't upload it if contains any personal info or info that you don't want anyone to see!

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
One more thing, can you locate the scanned file and right click on it then scroll down to properties, click on properties and you should get something like this.
Tell me what the file extension is

image4.jpg

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
OK I have downloaded and installed the Trial version and was able to scan as in post #5 above, although 80% of the scanned document was watermarked due to it been a Trial I was still able to open and edit the text in the remainder that hadn't the watermark on it.
So the software does work, I think it's just the method you're using!

JoeJ

Very many thanks for your usual kindness and patience. Will try out your method (this may take a while as I am a slowcoach! ) and let you know the outcome.

With kind regards,

Joe