What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows 10 Home to Pro

gedstar

Guru
Just by chance I was able to upgrade my Windows 10 Home Edition to the Pro Edition for free :shocked:

I recently purchased a new Laptop which came with a Windows 10 Home Edition OEM License, which is the standard for PC's and Laptops that you buy from the likes of HP, Dell and other manufactures.
When Windows 8 came out I purchased 2 keys for the Pro Retail Editions as it was only $40 per Key at the time from Microsoft, one of the keys I used for my PC which I upgraded to Win 10 when it came out. The other key I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 8 Pro on my old Laptop which has since passed away.
OK tonight for some reason I decided to go to the Windows store which I must admit I never really use just to check out if I could upgrade my new Laptop to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Retail Pro Key and it worked
After about a half hour my Home Edition became a Pro Edition

Untitled.jpg

So if anyone out there has a fully Legal Retail Windows 8 Pro key that they are not using and wants to upgrade from Win 10 home to Pro Edition try going to Windows Store and checkout the upgrade option
I have to stress that this will only work with Legal Microsoft Genuine Keys

Here's my Windows Genuine Windows check from the command prompt
Untitled.jpg

Again I have to mention that this ONLY works with Legal Microsoft Genuine Keys and you must have a Retail Version of Win 8 Pro

Last edited: