What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody has used Photoshop to be donated?

gwnd1989

Hi there,

I run a non-profit software development agency. We build software/websites in our free time and the earnings go to charities / poor people.

We have all the software we need but we could not find an alternative for Photoshop.(I am able in GIMP but not my graphics designer) It is easy to get a pirated copy in this country but we don't work that way.

So, if you have two used copies of Adobe Photoshop 7 (or CS(8)) (Yes we dont need thousand dollar new versions) Could you please donate them to us?

We will list you as a sponsor/donor on our web site and Facebook page.

I read the forum rules before posting this but if this is inappropriate please delete this, if you can tell me where I can post this on the internet that will be a great help (I do not want to go crowdfunding as it raises money theres no way to ask for a software)

TIA

Last edited:

gwnd1989

Thank you.
The best alternative is GIMP and my graphics designer does not speak GIMP. The others just dont cut it unfortunately.
Yep I did my research and it is legal to transfer ownership of Adobe software.
Both Photoshop 7 and 8 (CS) work on Windows 10.

fredfish

Guru
Hi and welcome

Not sure where in the world you are but there are often local schemes to help provide non profit, CICs (Community Interest Companies) and charities with access to software. Often it will depend on your official status. Usually just "operating" on a not for profit basis isn't enough - likely you will need to be registered as such.

For example here in the UK there is a scheme called tt-exchange - this provides access to software from a variety of companies (including Adobe) but you do have to be a UK registered charity.

I am aware that you said that your Graphic Designer doesn't get on with GIPM but to be honest if you are requesting such old versions of PS as donations he / she is going to be missing out on a great deal of functionality. Current PS alternatives such as Affinity (about 50 UKP) would give far superior functionality over such an old version of PhotoShop.

Very best luck with you venture.

Cheers

John

*EDIT - crossed with gedstar

Last edited:

gwnd1989

Hi and welcome

Not sure where in the world you are but there are often local schemes to help provide non profit, CICs (Community Interest Companies) and charities with access to software. Often it will depend on your official status. Usually just "operating" on a not for profit basis isn't enough - likely you will need to be registered as such.

For example here in the UK there is a scheme called tt-exchange - this provides access to software from a variety of companies (including Adobe) but you do have to be a UK registered charity.

I am aware that you said that your Graphic Designer doesn't get on with GIPM but to be honest if you are requesting such old versions of PS as donations he / she is going to be missing out on a great deal of functionality. Current PS alternatives such as Affinity (about 50 UKP) would give far superior functionality over such an old version of PhotoShop.

Very best luck with you venture.

Cheers

John

*EDIT - crossed with @gedstar

We are working towards getting ourselves registered as a charity but it is going to take time. Once registered we will request Photoshop from Adobe as they have a programme for charities that are nationally registered.

I have actually used Photoshop 7 and I am sure it will be enough for our work. We are not going to use it for photo enhancement and such.

Thanks you.