What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im missing the "clouds" filter in photoshop cs6

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenox123

Ive been searching for half a year already.... didnt find a fix to this, ive tried everything someone had said to me, tried to enable the " Show all filter gallery groups and names " and it doesnt work, Ive tried reinstalling, Doesnt work and i really want to find a fix to this so please help :)

gedstar

Guru
Hi and Welcome to the forum

Have you tried resetting PS preferences
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Can you post a screenshot like this
View attachment 75323

Last edited:

shenox123

Hi and Welcome to the forum

Have you tried resetting PS preferences
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Can you post a screenshot like this
View attachment 75323
What do you mean " as i start photoshop " ? i tried doing that but nothing happens, can you be more specific? like when do i do it

fredfish

Guru
have a look at this (admittedly old) thread on the Adobe Stupor forum. It backs up what gedstar is saying.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1946961

One other thing - I know that in CS6 some of the render options were only available to you if you had more than 1gb Graphics memory, I dont think that was the case with render clouds but might be worth checking.

Good Luck

Cheers

John

MrToM

Guru
Check that the Clouds filter is resident and in the correct location...

Clouds.8BF

C:\Program Files\ADOBE\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Required\Plug-Ins\Filters

If it IS there then check that the 'Clouds' filter is set to 'visible' in the Menu dialog...
EDIT > KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS > MENUS...

KS_Menus_MT_01.jpg

If it IS visible then it may be corrupt.
Source another copy or re-install PS after cleaning the PS installations with the Photoshop cleaner application.

Regards.
MrToM.

PS...I see you were all reading my mind as I typed this.

Last edited:

shenox123

Check that the Clouds filter is resident and in the correct location...

Clouds.8BF

C:\Program Files\ADOBE\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Required\Plug-Ins\Filters

If it IS there then check that the 'Clouds' filter is set to 'visible' in the Menu dialog...
EDIT > KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS > MENUS...

View attachment 75331

If it IS visible then it may be corrupt.
Source another copy or re-install PS after cleaning the PS installations with the Photoshop cleaner application.

Regards.
MrToM.

PS...I see you were all reading my mind as I typed this.
Well i dont have the Clouds.8BF What should i do, i dont have the Clouds on that menu too

shenox123

Status
Not open for further replies.