What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boredom photos :P

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
well my camera has officially died, it's not accepting any batteries and i get devilish noise like nobodie's business, howver it did have a good day a week ago :p here's a few images.

100_0603.jpg
100_0612.jpg

100_0718.jpg
100_0733.jpg
100_0752.jpg
feel free to leave some comments and critique, it's always appreciated.

Taken with a Kodak Easyshare C713

SeniorS

Guru
I like second of course.
Looks like with "little" adjustment it can be turned in dramatic kinda wallpaper.

Hoogle

Guru
Actually for a compact camera designed for point and shoot the pictures are very good quality so are you saving up for a dslr now

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Actually for a compact camera designed for point and shoot the pictures are very good quality so are you saving up for a dslr now
yes i'm getting an entry level one in janurary, possibly a Pentax K-R or a Sony A390 :D

I like them SeniorS!! definitely a great idea.

Hoogle

Guru
The sony 1 has scored very well and is an easy jump from compact to dslr I have used some sonys that friends have and they are quite impressive with the auto modes and have the flexibility to produce some excellent images in manual modes that will compete with mid level and top end dslrs

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
yeah, i've used a Sony SLR before and i loved it, i've also used the Pentax K-r and again i was suitably impressed. so it's a toss up between the two. the Pentax has a Super High ISO level but the Sony is just amazing inside and out.

Hoogle

Guru
well I only really shoot at iso 200 - 800 very rarely have i used 1600 , and above really the higher the iso the more noise you will get so really wouldnt let that be the deciding factor end of the day if you like how they both feel and the performance is equal then go for whatever you can get the best deal on but 1 thing people forget to take into account is future upgrades ie lenses how easily are they available are the reasonably priced. Or even down to the fact if you can get 3rd party lenses like tamron sigma etc who also make excellent lenses but not as expensive

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
another one for the road, the overexposure is the least of the problems i get these days, even using HDR and exposure compensation does nothing. definately a new camera on the list XD
100_0652.jpg

Paul

Former Member
Camera must be good it captured spiderboy...this is a saved for web file you know:redface:

Vafann

Guru
Very nice pictures Zeealex!! This makes me think of maybe posting some of my own, I only have a compact as well, so I have felt like if they suck it´s the cameras fault, not mine lol. But yours are great anyway, so maybe I should dare and post some. :)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
thank you :D
go for it no one's going to laugh and trust me, it's better posting them here than on the photo forum everyone there is as blunt as a potato and only like wedding photos taken with $5000 DSLRs (mine's only going to be £450 at worst)
i just think it's time i moved on from my point and shoot to a DSLR so number 1 i can enter the college photography course next year, and number 2 so i can get noise free, more controlled shots.