What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mine two old old photos (nostalgia)

SeniorS

Guru
I was searching mine one of the first face swap (about 2000 year) but instead of it found some old photos taken about in 1993-1995 (closest quess i have). And felf need to post it (sorry, could't stop myself).

perfomance.jpg
"Angel"

Maded in influence after reading some articles about perfomace artists.
Peoples in picture are absolutly accidentally and fits perfect in it (for me).
Next logical step would be make "Fallen Angel" perfomance but i wasn't ready for that.

headinwater.jpg
And this one just how we "choped" ourself with photo cameras back then when PS and digital camera was a myth.
Free to use in AW :)

Camera: Zenit .
Don't remember model but it had ability to set focus through "eye" and i think it even had build-in exposure meter. I think i still can find mine old exposure meter "stand alone" version :)

Last edited:
Mate the black and white image is cool, you in water looks weird or is it that you have hair?
Your a brave soldier mate.

Thanks!

Yep, i had hair back then :) (i'm not clearly write, it was just shoted)
I think i was couple years to recruiting age.

those are precious photos Senior. I'd love to see you clean up the first one. What a shot, kind of Cartier Bresson, the Decisive Moment (as a young boy, Cartier-Bresson owned a Box Brownie <<< LOL, I like that).

And you betcha. That second photo will make its way to AW. :naughty:

those are precious photos Senior. I'd love to see you clean up the first one. What a shot, kind of Cartier Bresson, the Decisive Moment (as a young boy, Cartier-Bresson owned a Box Brownie <<< LOL, I like that).
Thanks. I checked Bressons photos (didn't know about him and about others actually too). I liked it.
Would be stronger if i'd make something like that The leap in the dark (not sure about google's translation cause i always thought that it calls "Throwing self into the world") but that would be fake.

That second photo will make its way to AW. :naughty:
Please be gentle (as it ever worked) :D

Last edited:
Thanks. I checked Bressons photos (didn't know about him and about others actually too). I liked it.
Would be stronger if i'd make something like that (not sure about google's translation cause i always thought that it calls "Throwing self into the world") but that would be fake.

I've never seen that one, but he was all the rage, just retiring from photography, when I was studying it. He got some fabulous shots, and that was before Nikon motor drives and the like were available, lol.

I've never seen that one, but he was all the rage, just retiring from photography, when I was studying it. He got some fabulous shots, and that was before Nikon motor drives and the like were available, lol.
Sorry i led to missaunderstood. That shot wasn't from Bresson, it's clasic perfomance art sample (choosen for wiki as one of the example).

P.S. You studied photography, that is great. Very usefull (and i'm serious).

Oh, yes I see. Jumping off 15 foot high ledge to go splat on concrete, gotcha.

Been a long time since I studied that. The school had a great photo history lecture series too. I do not consider myself a good photographer (it takes I think better eyesight than I have) and now with digital SLRs I'm way behind. One of these days I'll be able to get one.

Belive me, that knowledge is very important.
In mine career i have seen, let's say, 20 perfect shots. And some hundreds good. All other is more or less bad (which of course is very good for me). And that's not cameras fault. Some of them are very expensive etc. So, all depends who is holding it.

So you did national service mate?

Nope, i choosed to study (didn't finished though).
And i'm no not patriot. Meaning i love my land, it's beautiful and hate my country it's rotten, corrupted and dreadful.
And national service here is more like slavery.

And all that "the army will make a man of you" ... i preferd woman to do it :D

P.S. And how about you Paul?

No national service in UK mate, i did do the T.A. for a while (weekend army). But i realised that theres no real reason for me being in it.
Over in Australia now Full citizen fully paid up member, I love my birth country but i hate all it stands for around the world.
Britain like America is seen by a lot of people as haters and evil in carnate lol, i understand what they are thinking to a extent, but it's not all war and more war.
They are big players in the worlds game, trouble is most don't really want to play any more?

Over in Australia now Full citizen fully paid up member
Congratulation! I like Australia. Never been there but image of Australia is good.

Britain like America is seen by a lot of people as haters and evil in carnate
I haven't actually met any british face to face but i agree stereotype of british isn't quite shining. And british tourists don't polish it neither. But it's common to all tourists i think :)
And anyway (i was thinking about that time ago). I'm not rasist or nacist i just don't like any nation. But i like some singular/individual (googletranslator) people. Without caring about race, nationality and occupation.

They are big players in the worlds game, trouble is most don't really want to play any more?
Meaning of that slips away from me. Looks like mine english not enought for not PS talk.

What i meant was the two big boys usa and uk rule the world, i dont like that idea, we moved here for better standard of living for our kids, a future in a mixed and happy diverse culture, so far so good.

Back