What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pentax K-r test shot (sorry about the white balance)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
IMGP0898(1).jpg
sorry about the white balance issue, but I’m still getting used to it, yes, the pentax is in the house, however i can't have it till Christmas :p i can wait 'til then, just to have it in my hand on Christmas day and it's coming to me earlier than i had initially expected. i love it. absolutely love it, just have to figure out where the shake reduction button is.
i got the black version with the 18-55mm DAL Lens in the end, i had to tear myself away from the white version however, the test shot above, i am very pleased with, i've never seen a good image i have taken myself in my life. i hope it snows on Christmas now :p

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
if anyone would like to help me with setting this to continuous shoot mode i'll be grateful.

Hoogle

Guru
You should have a shoot menu on your lcd screen usually 1 square means single shot 3 squares mean burst fire or continous or a remote for remote shooting.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
i went with the idea of consulting the manual, i have to press the "up" button then choose continuous shoot hi or lo. thanks, i'm such an idiot sometimes.
on the LCD i have my ISO shutter speed battery status etc etc, it tells me when i'm in continuous shoot though.

i have to say though autofocus is very loud :p

RedneckR0nin

View attachment 10651
sorry about the white balance issue, but I’m still getting used to it, yes, the pentax is in the house, however i can't have it till Christmas :p i can wait 'til then, just to have it in my hand on Christmas day and it's coming to me earlier than i had initially expected. i love it. absolutely love it, just have to figure out where the shake reduction button is.
i got the black version with the 18-55mm DAL Lens in the end, i had to tear myself away from the white version however, the test shot above, i am very pleased with, i've never seen a good image i have taken myself in my life. i hope it snows on Christmas now :p

White balance is one of the easier things to adjust in images..if you shoot in raw. I'm not sure if your camera has that option but if it does start shooting in raw all the time. It makes it far easier to accomplish non destructive editing this way!

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
i do have the RAW option on the K-r but i'm not using up space on the card, it's quite a large format.
i've since changed the white balance and i've been getting better images now.

psyclop

You can play around with the white balance for different result. the white balance set on tungsten did that
bridge117Rosemere.jpg

RedneckR0nin

White balance is one of the easier things to adjust in images..if you shoot in raw. I'm not sure if your camera has that option but if it does start shooting in raw all the time. It makes it far easier to accomplish non destructive editing this way!

It is that for sure....I only use 2 or 4gig cards too so I fill one up in about a hundred shots or so...it is worth it though trust me then you always download your photos when your done when you dont have the space to procrastinate forever

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
fair enough, i might shoot RAW when i'm properly used to camera in december, but for now, i can't touch it.