What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Images

hkhammel

I work with a photographer that specializes in high school senior portraits. He has been doing more and more water photography lately and here are a few photos that we have edited. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Shelby-7028-Edit.jpg
Shelby-7106-Edit.jpg

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
Love the first one the most, it's a fun image.

I can't quite figure out how to fix it, but her skin tone in the second one looks a little colorless to me. Her skin color and lip color are the same and it bugs me. It might be that way without editing but it looks a little strange. Just personal preference though! They are both nicely captured photos.

Yes I agree. The face looks very flat colour wise.

The trouble one has to go through to see young girls in wet tops.

Arroyo30

Looks nice but i think the tone is too high. Try to work with it and with the girl skin to see if it is successfull

SEI7390

I guess I disagree here.
The first image is overexposed, you have a whole lot of blown out highlights.
A slower shutter speed would help to blur the water and I think that would help too.
I'm not crazy about the pose either but it may work on a tighter crop.

I like #2 a lot more.
Again a tighter crop and a little more vibrance with the color.

I think they work better together, but with the first toned down, and the second brightened up.

TheCEL

Looks good.
I would adjust the curves a bit to make it a bit contrasted. Not to much though.

Brandon222

Amazing what a pretty images is this i like this actually the camera is very high quality i think because the drops of water and every thing is create is very clearly and in a natural look of this photo evry thing is looking very nice and clear cut and the picture shows also the good professional photographer's hand made...

Last edited:

chitkaran

Guru
You mentioned this as a portrait, so it means that the skin tone and details really matter, the second one would look more stunning and eye catching the skin tone is a little fair and lips a bit more red. Isnt it ?