What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YOUR PHOTO THREAD 20130626a: Vacation photos

Tom Mann

Guru
We haven't had a topical photo thread in a month or so, but we've picked up some new members interested in photography so how 'bout some more fun photos. Lots of folks in the northern hemisphere are taking summer vacations around now, so the theme for this thread will be "Vacation photos".

These can be sweet, serious, humorous, something unusual that you saw, family and friends, or just plain old photos of a vacation spot that you liked, etc..

Discussions of the images and on topic comments will be in this thread, but pls follow the other general guidelines for the NO WORDS threads (eg, no nude images, YOU must be the photographer, etc.) .

To kick it off, here's a funny one in the category of "something unusual that I saw" . I took it a few days ago while passing through Corning, New York. Other than cropping and re-sizing, it's straight from the camera.

Tom

IMG_7424-pm_650px.jpg

IMG_7424-pm_650px.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
I took your photo and down rez'ed it myself to 650 px high and ~200kB. See if this version looks any better to you after it's uploaded.

Tom

DSC_0365-tjm01_xnv_650px_vert.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Hoogle - FYI, I just started a sticky thread in the photography section to discuss the quality loss issue that you brought up, and deleted the posts on that topic from this thread.

Tom

PS - BTW, sorry to hear about your flood and loss of your NAS devices. It turns out that I just received an email from a client back in the late 1980's whose house burned down in the Colorado forest fires. She asked me if I might have any of the photos of her and her family that I took back then. Fortunately, I may be able to help her out, but it will take me a while to find the negs. As u said, the bottom line is keep some of your backups off-site.