What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YOUR PHOTO THREAD 20130922a: Graffiti, street art, etc.

Tom Mann

Guru
I haven't started one of these threads in quite a while, but thought this would be a good colorful topic, very different from the previous photography threads.

If you happen to be in an urban area and come across something like this, put it in this thread.

To start it off, here's a shot I took a week or so from a moving train using my iPhone. All processing was done in PS, not using any sort of phone app.

Tom

RR_art_1181tif-acr-ps02c_sRG_698px_wide-01.jpg

Paul

Former Member
I like how the trees shadow falls onto the murals trees, did you go for that Steve or was it just a point and shoot moment?

Janifar

Banned
Steve it's plenty striking and eye-catching one! Awesome photography you promoted here love green trees, trees shadow, outstanding street art with plenty fruits.

SPWA

Power User
I loove Graffiti. It has certainly been a big influence on my art style. You don't get a lot of it around where I live. Not that I ever used to partake in it when I was young & impressionable *cough*.

Awesome thread, can't wait to see what gets posted.

Tom Mann

Guru
Steve, that's a great mural. Like everyone else, I also love the dappled look. What do you think of this cropped, slightly juiced up version of yours? Closer or further from what you have in your mind's eye?

T

Attachments

• Bat_Garden_16-tjm01_acr-ps01a_crop-01b3_sRGB-698px_wide.jpg
    Bat_Garden_16-tjm01_acr-ps01a_crop-01b3_sRGB-698px_wide.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 56

Steve

Retired Administrator
That was taken carefully and up close with a 10mm lens to eliminate any trees branches or shrubs that were in the way.
I cut back the shadows a bit in ACR and cropped it as a 18X10.
This is what I wound up with.

Bat_Garden_17.jpg

These are some beautiful artwork being displayed and specially this graffiti and street art amuses us more as they are more lively.