What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Bloom

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Despite my lack of participation in this thread............I'm thoroughly enjoying the photos Andrew!

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Hershey - FWIW, flowers often look better if the camera is just a few inches off the ground, instead of being photographed from above. Also, to have the colors pop, try to shoot from an angle that gives the darkest background, and with the sun either coming from the side or transilluminating the leaves from the rear. BTW, the three examples of the above tips attached below all were taken with a little Canon point and shoot camera, so you don't need an expensive SLR to take shots like this.

Tom

Attachments

• 3_flower_shots-low_angle_backlit_demo-01b_500px_wide-for_web.jpg
    3_flower_shots-low_angle_backlit_demo-01b_500px_wide-for_web.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 2

ibclare

Queen Bee
I think they need a little post processing hershy, but the posts keep getting better and better. I would like to see them with a bit more contrast and exposure adjustments. But they are lovely and I hope you keep posting them.

It inspires me to get going on our spring flower pics here. I have some from a couple years ago in our local estuary preserve. Some of them I have used in manipulations.

Keep it up!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Just because I wanted to, here is my favorite flower pic from the estuary and the manipulation I made for one of our earliest PSG Challenges:

WhiteFlower.jpg
WhiteFlowerScene2.png

WhiteFlowerScene.jpg

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
I am outside in some sweet tropical and orchid gardens, but if i'm lucky I have my I phone, if not just a cheepie. Saw this one awhile ago, did a quick white balance and levels for the leaves. Then my sharpening tricks, followed by a spot removal...here are both!

012.JPGflower.jpg

I did this with elements at the family computer...adequate.